The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Singapore Equities Dealing Desk and ensure that the needs of the Head of Equities Dealing / Front Office Operations are supported.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
- Accountable for delivering a quality service and product to customers and stakeholders
- Focuses on quality of delivery to achieve clear outputs within guidelines and precedent
- Runs the organisation's processes and systems following pre-defined procedures
- Adapts to change, responds with initiative and make suggestions for improvements to own work and processes
Key Responsibilities for this role:
Assist and support the Equities Dealing team on the following:
Dealing Desk Support:
- Help field all trade enquiries to and from dealers and prioritise all dealing desk responses.
- Undertake ad hoc tasks as and when required (e.g. Review of execution rates with the dealers annually, complete any counterparty breach forms, confirmation of novation process).
- Represent Equities Dealers and Dealing Operations team at Investment Operations meetings and projects where required.
- Continual assessment and documentation of Dealing Desk Procedures.
- Ensuring all trade monitoring in, ‘first line’ activities are reviewed by the desk.
- Ensure that all controls in respect of trade monitoring are carried out as required.
- Work with dealing desk to regularly review and update all dealing procedures and associated control documents.
- Regular meeting with the settlements teams to resolve any issues.
- Escalation and reporting of dealing errors where applicable.
- Work with the Equity dealing desk and internal teams to improve processes, address required system enhancements, implement positive change where necessary and update procedures accordingly.
- Query resolution in respect of the dealing desk and processes within
- Investigate any Investment Management Losses on behalf of Equities Dealing Desk.
- Generation of Hit Ratio’s / TCA / Counterparty Review Reporting both for quarterly / bi-annual counterparty meetings.
- DMC monthly requirements / analysis.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- University Degree
- Demonstrable track record and experience
- Python knowledge is essential
- Previous experience of Equity and Fixed Income instruments/dealing desk/operational processes/systems
- Previous experience of execution quality analysis and related MI oversight
- Identify and fulfil regulatory requirements within own work.
- Maintain own professional competence: Takes responsibility for meeting own learning and development needs; Develops self to meet the demands of changing situations
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external contacts.
- Communication: Has strong written and verbal skills; Communicates clearly and effectively using appropriate media.
- Team working: Recognise the need to communicate and keep people informed and involved; Consult with others when making decisions by encouraging and considering their views, ideas and opinion.
- Flexibility: Able to reassess priorities in light of new change; Is supportive of others when they are under pressure.
- Prioritising and Organising: Manage time effectively taking account of priorities; Adopt an organised and systematic approach to their work.
- Relationship development: Has a positive attitude; Strives to co-operate at all levels; Confident to question and confront issues.
- Attention to Detail: Is diligent in ensuring quality and accuracy of work; Able to accurately compile and extract information from various data source.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and attempts to remedy the cause(s) of problems; Is open minded and inquisitive in investigations.
- Drive and Delivery: Committed to achieving results and to deliver on time.