Deputy Finance Manager
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us? About the Role
Swiss Re has established Swiss Re Asia Pte Ltd (SRAL) in Singapore to be the Asia's regional home office legal entity. This is an exciting time to join Swiss Re within Asia as the company develops and transfers the existing Asia branches into SRAL. We have completed the launch of global SAP platform which will also support IFRS 17 & 9 as they implemented across the region.
As one of the key member of the regional finance of SRAL, the role has the primary responsibility for providing: Wide collaboration with peers and cross functional team are expected: Supporting VP Team Leader of External Reporting in achieving Swiss Re Asia Finance objectives.
About the Team
- Responsible for correct SG regulatory and statutory aggregation of branches and home ofice.
- Has experience in dealing with regulators, and expected to act as Deputy to liase with MAS on queries and follow ups
- Familiar with RBC / RBC2 framework and able to project & control solvency target, monitor SRAL branches in accordance with MAS requirements
- Able to interpret SFRS accounting standard application to large transaction and initiatives impact
- Drive and Review Asia IGR calculation reporting
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to SRAL Board & Committees and CFO report
- Design and drive effective Reinsurance analytics for internal & external purpose
- Implement governance and control
The Swiss Re Asia Finance team comprises of approximately 20 employees based across the region within a wider finance department of over 90 people. The team collaborate with regional, local and other global teams to deliver timely and reliable financial results for both regulatory and analytic obligations, consistent governance in financial reporting risk and strategic initiatives implementation. In addition, Finance Asia is tasked to support business-partnering in advice in Asia IFRS and local accounting standards to enable business development opportunities About You
- Qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Expertise in international accounting standards including IFRS and Singapore Financial Reporting Standards & MAS regulations.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in Singapore insurance legal entity controllership, financial accounting and reporting, regional financial consolidation.
- Familiarity with the regulatory environment and prior exposure in dealing with external stakeholders.
- Effective collaborator with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Managing of teams.
- Proven experience in producing analytics and regional consolidation and board reporting
- Strong focus on improving the control environment and continuous improvement of processes.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders.