• Market leader in its field of specialised products • Human capital investment through Learning & Development programmes
About Our Client
Market leader in trade finance, commercial lending, current account and fixed deposit. Job Description
Developing and retaining a motivated team by providing guidance and training. Development of performance goals and objectives, periodic performance review with the aim of efficient utilisation of resources.
Key Operational duties
- Approve, verify and sign transactions prepared by team members and ensure day-to-day trade operations are managed in a smooth and efficient manner.
-Taking initiatives towards streamlining process and ensuring that internal controls are in place and operational risks are minimised/mitigated.
-Establish operating methods and an infrastructure to ensure smooth running and management of department while customers get best attention, service and their complaints are timely resolved.
-Scrutinise LC documents (imports & Exports) including confirmed LC documents.
- Review acceptability of terms on LC confirmation/Back to Back LC/Risk participation applications before their issuance in order to have duly control.
- Authorises and releases Swift Messages generated in order to deliver the process in time.
- Monitoring daily Banks exposures and limits for trade transactions to ensure that business is not exposed to undue risk.
- Checking and signing availment ticket proposals for trade transactions in order to define any anomalies or discrepancies.
- Ensure that all transactions (Cash, Deposits, Remittances, Clearing, Account Opening and Bills for collections) in the department are duly checked and authorised as per bank guidelines.
- Compilation of trade business figure and ensures the periodic reports are submitted timely to the respective stakeholders.
- Responsible for all customer KYC information / documents are up to date to ensure accurate records are maintained in the branch.
- Ensure that up to date customers' information is maintained in the system for AML screening purpose.
- Ensure periodic information / report is provided to shareholders on timely basis.
Risk Management & Compliance
- Possesses sound knowledge of bank's policies, guidelines, control, regulatory, AML/CFT procedures and ensures team compliance.
- Development and review of bank's policies, guidelines and regulations and recommend enhancements to procedures to comply changes.
- Monitoring all business activities to ensure adherence to all laws, regulations, policies & procedures & KYC/AML /CFT Compliance as per regulatory requirement.
The Successful Applicant
- Ensure that risk of the bank is duly mitigated before any authorisation.
* Minimum 7 years of trade operations and middle office experience in a banking environment with sound knowledge of UCP, ISBP, URC, URR, ISP, URDG, MAS/ ABS Guidelines, AML/Sanctions and experience in all areas of international trade
* Proficient in Microsoft office tools such as excel, power point etc.
* Strong analytically and problem-solving skills
* Meticulous and strong follow-up skills
* Good interpersonal and leadership skills What's on Offer
Conducive working environment and work with a market leader that values human capital investment through Learning & Development programmes.