Desk-Aligned System Engineer
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 17 Nov 17
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? We're looking for someone like that to:
– Providing Workstation (Desktop & Laptops) support for Trade Floor users
– uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
– contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services
– define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
– Work on complex 3rd level complex technical issues in desktop environment including desktop hardware support
– MDS client SME support (Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, TR Eikon / Factset / IRESS and Quick)
– Root cause analysis, attend regular global calls with engineering. Liaise with product owner & engineering teams
– BCM inventory management, maintenance and support (i.e. Isolation testing, Periodic readiness check)
– Site power down/ up support activities and annual Isolation testing
– 7am to 7pm weekday support, rotated on a roster system with chance of out of hours and weekend work
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Desk Aligned Services [DAS] provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based Onsite support & solutions. You'll be part of Onsite DAS Team in Technology Services; providing support to trade-floor front office business users in the bank, ensuring the quality, stability of the desktop environment and supporting business managers in planning IT project requirements. DAS plays a critical role in providing solutions to unique business applications, core application and operating system.
Your experience and skills
– a natural ability to solve complex issues
– experience in a Trade-Floor onsite desktop support
– banking and custody know-how
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– Win 7 administrator with MS Office 2010+ application suite
– Market Data Applications knowledge and support (Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, TR Eikon / Factset / IRESS and Quick)
– Blackberry / iPhone / iPad
– a confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
– capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services
– fluent in Business English and able to communicate clearly & effectively across all levels
– Excellent team player with Pro-active, positive personality and "can-do" attitude
– Flexible & ability to remain calm in highly stressful environment
– Ability to multi-task and priorities incidents accordingly
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.