Desktop Support Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
End User Services (EUS) is responsible for the technology used by all SCB staff ranging from desktop, VDI, Messaging, Collaboration, Application Hosting/Packaging, Real Time Communications - Telephony, Video and conferencing facilities and other services.
EUS Desktop Services deploys and provides operational support for the technologies used on a day to day basis and aims to make collaboration a seamless experience across multiple platforms. Focus areas include:
- Engineering VDI products and solutions that reflect users' needs and enables them to perform their functions better
- Regular and efficient delivery of updates and enhancements with minimal downtime
- Pushing the boundaries of desktop, collaboration and conferencing technologies to enable clients to leverage workflows and business processed enhancing end user experience
Based out of Singapore act as the Level 3 Desktop Support Engineer for EUS Desktop Services, concentrating on escalations and support for Windows Desktop Operating Systems related to Physical and Virtual Desktops (VDI).
The key tasks and responsibilities for a Level 3 Desktop Support Engineer would involve:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage and deliver root cause analysis of complex technical challenges
- Troubleshoot various desktop and application issues impacting end user experience
- Define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
- Partner with product management, development and engineering leaders to develop solutions to bolster the end user experience
- Design and execute usability studies utilizing your broad knowledge of user experience and methodological expertise
- Deliver automated solutions to large enterprise environments
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), capable of bridging the gap between technology and business functions. Ability to create technical documentation.
- Expert knowledge in Windows Server/Desktop & Virtualization technologies. Certifications a plus.
- Strong analytical and research skills with proficiency in performance analysis and monitoring of end user technologies
- Excellent user-focuses, with strong verbal & written communication, organization, presentation, and project management skills
- Ability to engineer a solution and take it from POC to Production state
- Advanced knowledge MS SQL query and scripting & Performance Management tools, such as SysTrack, eG, etc
- Experience in data analytics using toolsets such as Tableau, Splunk or equivalent
- Proficient with PowerShell/VBS/Java/Shell scripting
- Experience with desktop cloud services such as, Office 365, OneDrive, Azure, etc
- Experience with debugging methodologies, Sysinternal utilities, etc
- Experience and knowledge of ITIL incident, problem and change management principles and methodologies. ITIL certification preferred.
- Self-driven with a desire to constantly improve and enhance work processes that produces high quality results
- Process oriented individual, team player, proactive, work independently and willing to learn in a dynamic environment.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .