DevOps Engineer, Chat Operations #SGUnitedTraineeships
As a participating host organization of SGUnited Traineeships Programme, Zendesk is offering traineeship opportunities for driven individuals to join the Chat Operations Team.
Zendesk is a service-first CRM company that builds powerful, customizable software designed to improve customer relations. At Zendesk, we encourage growth, innovation, and believe in giving back to the communities we call home.
As a ChatOps Engineer trainee, you’ll be part of a production-focused Operations team that manages the public Cloud infrastructure running in multiple Geographical regions. You will strive to automate everything possible, and you’ll frequently ask yourself “what can I improve next?”.
What you get to do every day
- Solve complex problems and provide simple elegant solutions
- Participate in engineering sprints along with the Singapore Engineering teams
- Improve our tooling and infrastructure systems including Terraform, Chef, Datadog, Sentry, public Cloud infrastructure
- Dig deep into production systems to fully understand how they work and how to improve their resiliency
- Partner with all the internal tooling and Engineering teams to ease the configuration and deployment of new services
- Help improve the infrastructure provisioning process by further automating it or coding it up yourself
- Use a wide variety of technologies, wear lots of hats (actual hats optional)
- Work in an agile development environment and believe that pragmatism always triumphs over dogmatism
How you will make a difference:
We use a wide variety of technologies and everyone has the chance to learn new skills. We don’t expect anyone to be familiar with all of them (if you are please talk to us now!).
- Ubuntu Linux
- Operational knowledge on Redis, Memcached, Aurora
- Familiar with Systemd, Supervisord, Systemctl
- Datadog, Syslog and other logging systems
- Terraform, Cloud formation scripts
- Chef, Ansible
- Public Cloud Experience - Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Platform
- You’ll also have great communication skills (written and verbal) that will enable successful collaboration with all our teams.
- A good understanding of Python or Go or Ruby or Bash is a plus
builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk
products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk
products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk
has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.