- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 23 May 18 2018-05-23
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for a SABRE developer
SABRE (Analytics, Booking & Risk Engine) is a cross-asset (FX, Commodities, Equities, Credit and Rates) risk management and structured products trading platform to support the bank's fast-growing financial markets business. It's built upon cutting-edge technologies and running globally in London, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai.
As a Developer, you'll be responsible for delivering quality software to tight timelines. Based in Singapore and working in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations in London and China.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To be a trusted senior developer within the SABRE team.
- Experienced developers with previous experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of risk management systems
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Data and compute grid experience a plus
- Functional programming experience a plus
- Responsible for the full development lifecycle for implementing the Bank's risk management system.
- Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Provide second line support
- Write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
- An excellent developer with good software design principles, someone who writes robust code along with accompanying test suites.
- Make sure that all software is incorporated into the CI/CD process in SABRE
- Be a self starter and be able to quickly grasp and understand existing software.
Qualification & Skills
- 8+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
- Java (essential), SCALA/Haskell is an advantage
- Oracle development background, RAC is a plus.
- Development experience on functional language, such as Haskell, is a strong plus.
- SCRUM and Agile.
- Financial Market domain knowledge
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Structured/Derivatives business is a plus
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong Java and Oracle skills.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale data processing systems built on Oracle.
- Familiarity and confidence working in an "agile" development environment.
- Who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
- Years or relevant experience: 8+
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.