- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Development ManagerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
· Responsible for Riskview2 applications development and delivery.
· Provide governance on Riskview2 framework change request.
· Manage a team of full stack developers.
o Provide technical leadership.
o Coaching developers on technical skills such as using proper design patterns, implementing development techniques such as TDD, code as documentation, clear presentation on technical ideas, agile software delivery etc.
o Help team to set clear measurable objectives and plans to achieve them.
· To write code 40% of the time.
· Ensure Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines are implemented.
Ensure best practices are implemented - such as high code coverage, low code smell. .
Our Ideal Candidate
· Strong experience in agile methodologies and test driven development.
· Experience in software development using open source technologies.
· Experience in automated software testing.
· Knowledge in domain-driven design, design patterns and enterprise integration patterns.
· Must be able to code in ReactJS and Java (SpingBoot and Spring Cloud Services).
· Experience in some of the technologies below:
o Language: SQL, Groovy, Python
o PaaS: Openshift, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
o Data: MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Spark, HIVE, Tableau
o Cache: Redis, Memcached
o Middleware: Kafka, RabbitMQ, WebsphereMQ, REST API
o UI: HTML5, Angular 4, ReactJS, Bootstrap, CSS, RxJS
· Strong knowledge in CI/CD toolset such as Ansible, Artifactory, Jenkins, BitBucket, SonarQube, Fortify, Flyway, Jira and Confluence.
· Strong knowledge in automated testing toolset such as jUnit, Mockito, cucumber, Selenium etc.
· Strong knowledge in scripting languages such as Groovy and Linux shell.
· Knowledge in Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse and IntelliJ
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
· 10+ years of software engineering experience.
· Must be hands-on software design & development and DevOps.
· Experience with enterprise scale systems.
· Proven ability to manage development team.
· Highly effective verbal and written English communication skills.
· Ability to make good / sound decisions and use independent judgement.
· Strong reasoning, analytical and inter-personal skills.
· Excellent attention to detail and time management.
· Good presentation skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.