Development Manager responsible for providing leadership to a team of software developers.
Hands on Java, Python, API, Microservices development.
Building solutions, capabilities at scale and high engineering and quality standards.
* Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide IT solutions with hands on design/development of required solutions.
* Work closely with solution architects to ensure developed solutions adhere to established best engineering practices and architectural target state.
* Coaching/mentoring team of software developers, guiding developers in day to day design and coding tasks, stepping in to code if needed.
* Provide technical leadership towards solving problems for the team while keeping the team engaged, motivated and operating with high execution. Guiding developers in day to day design and coding tasks, stepping in to code if needed.
* Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
* Drive the adoption of key engineering best practices to improve quality and reliability of team's deliverables.
* Design, develop and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components
* Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
* Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring