As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a team that will be tasked to setup and deliver automated development and operational environments for the Digital project streams.
Key Responsibilities & Results:
- You will work on configuring and supporting all the automated tools across all stages of the development pipeline including Integration, Test, Staging and Production environments.
- You will be involved in discussions of development pipeline with key stakeholders including developers, architects and project managers.
- You will need to work closely with Information security and infrastructure team in working out an appropriate approach.
- You will need to be responsible for creating, versioning and testing of scripts for backup, deployment, patching and etc.
- You are able to build up the infrastructure in AWS for the continuous delivery pipeline.
- You will need to be able to pick up the right level and parameters to monitor within any environment and use the right tools to put in place those monitoring implements.
- You will need to constantly upgrade your skills and update your knowledge along with the latest developments in the world of DevOps.
- You will be able to work with 3rd party vendors/subject matter experts and picking up tooling knowledge in delivering a Devops environments to a number of multi-disciplined teams.
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. (i.e. IT, Computer Science or Software Engineering)
- At least 8 ~ 12 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of cloud environments preferably with Amazon Web Services, e.g. (EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, SQS, ElasticCache, CloudFront, ElasticIP, Route53, Redshift, RDS)
- The ability to code is essential. Ideally, you’re able to produce Bash / PowerShell scripts and code in either C, C++, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby or Java.
- You must be at home with Linux (Ubuntu/RHEL/Centos) and Windows operating systems including package management and scheduling.
- You are able to use tools such as Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Nagios, Maven/Ant.
- You have experience with monitoring tools such as OpenView, NewRelic or Datadog.
- Familiarity with Ansible, SaltStack, Docker containers is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proactive, resourceful and self-motivated with strong analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Experience in software and application development that requires analysis and design work.
- Review of test plans and test cases for SIT.
- Knowledge/Experience in Gitlab/Github.
- Knowledge/Experience in Continuous Integration and Automated Testing.
- Knowledge in Stash.
- Knowledge/Experience in Agile Development and Management tools, e.g. Jira, Nexus, Artifactory, Jenkins, Sonar, Selenium.
- Knowledge/Experience in Wiki applications.