- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be in a hands-on role which will focus on designing, building and demonstrating a continually evolving set of DevOps pipelines and best practices across the organization including automated testing, provisioning, configuration management, service orchestration, and dynamic monitoring.
Role and responsibilities:
- Working within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications.
- Designing and implementing appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influencing other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting DevOps best practices.
- Redesigning legacy applications for Linux, Tomcat, Docker implementation.
- Automating the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Ansible, and deploying environments using containers, like Docker.
- Designing and developing automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting review to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Participating in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Representing production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Driving improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Identifying reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of overall experience in professional software engineering;
- At least 2+ years of hands-on experience as DevOps engineer
- At least 1+ years of hands-on experience with Ansible
- Strong background in Linux / Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Experience with containerization technologies, including LXC, Docker, CoreOS, etc.