Digital Channels Technology Solutions Manager / Platform Lead
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
Digital Channels Technology Solutions Manager / Platform Lead
Job title: Digital Channels Technology Manager / Platform Lead, GTST
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
Business Unit and Department Structure
BAML Global Transaction Services Technology (GTST) Asia Pacific handles technology application development and support for small business, corporate & investment banking in APAC region.
Digital Channels Technology Singapore division designs, architects and delivers innovative technology solutions on global platform to drive business growth for our Commercial, Corporate & Investment Banking and Markets clients in Global and APAC region. Division works closely with APAC GTS business for building regional business enablement and regulatory requirements/feature sets on global digital channels platform.
Division contributes towards enhancements on Bank of America Merrill Lynch's next generation Wholesale Banking - Omni-Channel platform in close co-ordination with global technology partners in the U.S. and other locations. Domain areas include corporate treasury payments, reporting, administration, mobile- banking and middleware solutions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Position is for Technology Solutions Manager / Platform Lead, responsible for the building digital channels solutions across online, mobile and host to host platforms in Channels treasury domain.
- Start off as Individual Contributor to program solutions which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Serve as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource
- As a TSM, to provide technical directions and provide hands-on development experience to deliver Digital Channels transformation strategies across various channels.
- Work with the Global Agile and DevOps teams to ensure that successful delivery of Digital Channels Solutions
- Liaise between enterprise and program technical leaders. Propagate innovation, technical solution assets and best practices.
- Create and use intellectual capital to solve diverse technical and client issues in an innovative way.
- TSM leads the creation of the value proposition, solution and associated cost cases for complex, multi-year opportunities which meet the client requirements and assist in solving their business problems.
- TSM owns the definition of the technical solution and is the primary source of engagement management and solution design for Channels Product enhancements.
- Develop Technology Backlog and its refinement, determine feasibility and timing of solution (if needed)
- Articulate the business and technical value of solutions and products to senior managers and technical decision makers.
Skills / Requirements
- 15+ years of experience in large enterprise-wide web applications in Java / J2EE environment, with current "hands-on" programing experience and specialization in enterprise application design & development, demonstrating abilities in developing a broad spectrum of complex J2EE applications.
- Experienced in software design & development on object oriented programming and J2EE based web applications in large scale distribution. Weblogic stack development experience mandatory
- Well-versed in Web 2.0 technologies and familiarity with web developer tools/plugins as firebug, IE developer, etc.
- Considerable experience of API/ SOA based Enterprise Applications architecture and design
- Proven technology leadership experience in technology development in above mentioned technologies
- Experience in designing large scale distributed, SOA based web applications systems capable of handling 9000+ concurrent users
- Good knowledge and working experience with Agile software development methodology
- Prior experience in Digital Channels development, preferably in Retail and Corporate Banking
- Ability and experience to lead projects with direct reports on special initiatives or operations in future role.
- Comfortable in both a technical dialogue (understanding the client's IT infrastructure and technical objectives) as well as a business dialogue (explaining the ROI benefits of the solutions).
- Ability to collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Entail regular interaction with global initiative technology managers and team leads.
- Demonstrated abilities in prioritization and execution of multiple tasks are required to be successful in this position.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to collaborate across a broad team and support groups
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player and self-starter. Lead team of developers and own delivery
- Ability to proactively juggle responsibilities spanning a 24X7 time-frame with a positive and can-do attitude
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Posting Date: 26/10/2017
Singapore, , 01, 2 HARBOURFRONT PLACE #02,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40