Digital Forensics Analyst
- Dec 21, 2021
Digital Forensics Analyst to be part of CSD. The Cyber Security Defense (CSD) team's aim is to protect the bank and has an end to end view and influence over all security controls at the Bank. Vice President, Digital Forensics Analyst, Global Information Security Your background
The ideal candidate will be a motivated and adaptable individual with over 10 years of Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) experience, with an extensive background from large scale enterprise environments working within a "Follow-The-Sun" model (or equivalent). This candidate will have the ability to identify, analyse and present evidential data from a wide range of enterprise systems for a wide range of incident or investigative scenarios. As well as this, the ideal candidate will be able to draw upon their well-versed knowledge in computing and networking, together with information security technologies, techniques and processes.
In terms of qualifications and certifications, one of the below are an essential requirement:
- Bachelor's, Masters or Doctorate Degree in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or Cyber/Digital Forensics related discipline; or
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response Certification (i.e. EnCE or related SANS certification, such as GCFA).
The following qualifications and certifications are highly advantageous, though not essential:
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP); or
- Linux Professional Institute Qualifications (Eg. LPIC-1, LPIC-2 etc); or
- Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS); or
- Red Hat System Administration I, II, III or Certified System Administrator (RHCSA); or
- Any other distribution (distro) specific Linux or Unix qualification or certification.
- Programming and scripting skills or experience, such as:
- Programming skills and experience, such as Java, C++, Python; or
- Batch or shell scripting experience within Windows or Linux environments; or
What you will do
- Experience in one of the following Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) backgrounds:
- Cloud and/or containerisation technologies (i.e. Docker and Kubernetes) within an enterprise environment; or
- Linux/Unix systems with particular focus on RedHat or other enterprise scale distributions (distros). This experience should also include excellent knowledge of operating system nuances, file systems and inner workings.
Not one day is the same for Cyber Security Defense (CSD) team and this is especially true for Digital Forensics (DF). Anyone working within the Digital Forensics team can expecting the following:
Utilizing your extensive Digital Forensics and Incident Response experience to conduct and manage your individual caseload across the entire incident response or investigative lifecycle from start to finish;
Discovering unfamiliar technology or data during the midst of an incident or investigation and assessing its relevance to the issues at hand, i.e. stored information, auditing capability, evidential value etc;
Leveraging upon your ability to communicate, both written and verbal, in a clear, concise and inclusive manner to technical and non-technical audiences with colleagues, peers and stakeholders at all levels;
Embracing new and upcoming technologies and assessing how they could apply and improve on the way in which the team responds to incidents;
Working alongside a global team with colleagues in the USA and Europe, whilst placing emphasis on collaboration and sharing of ideas and methodologies.
Undertaking and sharing the responsibilities of working an on-call schedule so that the bank is well placed to respond to incidents or investigations when required.
If you are interested in this position, please click "Apply Now" and we will review your qualifications & reach out to you for further discussion & next steps, if your skillsets meet the needs of the role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1876903