J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives. We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally —and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
The Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Production Management, Digital Mission Control (MC) manages digital channel availability on a 24x7 basis. The US day is supported by the teams in Columbus/Houston and the US overnight is mainly supported by Singapore/India teams. The MC is entrusted with end-to-end monitoring responsibilities of the Digital (online and mobile channels) environment as well as other production management responsibilities. Its aim is to resolve 90% of all digital incidents without escalations and therefore has SMEs present onsite on all shifts 24x7. The shift-lead has production responsibilities across the shift and has to take key decisions in ensuring the quickest ways to mitigate incidents with minimal client impacts.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development - Java
- The role requires weekend support as part of shift based coverage
- At least 8 years of similar experiences
- Strong technical background in Middleware, Unix, DB2, Splunk, Dynatrace, WebLogic, WebSphere, Web Servers and Retail banking channel application flows
- Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
- Provide onsite technical leadership and decision taking for quick service restorations
- Key decision taker in terms of failovers, isolating DC and preserving customer experience
- Specific knowledge of IT infrastructure including networks, storage networks, load balancing, server clustering, databases and application architecture
- Leverage tools expertise to perform targeted flow-triage during major incidents
- Drive Technical Bridges with information from monitoring and other specific tools
- Flexible and adaptable in response to changing demands
- Good communications skills – managing global bridges/ writing executive notifications
- Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Hands-on with technical operations – high pressure shift environment
- Knowledge of the emerging payments technologies and digital wallets
- Multi- tasking is essential – listening, writing, reviewing and sending executive communications
- Retail banking experience is preferred
- Customer centric - preferable from technical support roles and/or professional services