- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 Sep 17
Director, Business Manager, Banks & Broker Dealers
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
* To provide business planning, coordination and management support for the Global Head Banks and Broker Dealers (BBD).
* To provide all leadership support requirements to enable the Global Head BBD to successfully drive the BBD agenda.
* To enable Global Head BBD to focus on strategic business issues.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Together with the GH BBD- support on setting the strategic agenda
* Assist other key stakeholders across the Bank in aligning their strategy with the BBD strategy.
* Monitor and track progress of key initiatives and projects that support the achievement of BBD's strategic agenda
Business Planning & Portfolio Management
* Support the GH BBD in all aspects of running the business.
* Assist with the management of the BBD global team including co-ordination of meetings, agenda formulation, review of papers, attendance and note taking and follow up on key actions.
* Assist with the preparation and coordination of high quality and timely submissions for the Standard Chartered Board, Management Team, and key governance committees.
* Track performance, development, and implementation of business-critical issues.
* Work with product partners on strategic initiatives (e.g. credit line review, portfolio optimisation)
* Ensure effective communication of key messages across direct / indirect team members.
* Create and develop internal and external speaking notes and presentations for a variety of forums ensuring that key points are made in a focused, accurate, and concise way and that key messages from them can be readily captured and cascaded by others.
* Undertake ad hoc business projects and thematic work for the GH BBD.
* Produce various customised various MI reports based on business needs across all lenses of the portfolio
* Review data to ensure quality and highlight issues to key stakeholders for continuous improvement in understanding the portfolio.
* Develop, in collaboration with Brand & Marketing partners, key opportunities for client engagement
* Project Manage large scale global industry events and strategic client meeting agenda
* Manage global team of coordinators to ensure events are fully prepared for
* Develop and launch communications to global network on behalf of the GH BBD
* Collaborate with internal communications and external partners (e.g. PR consultants) on key media outreach and preparation
* Develop detailed talking points for key initiatives and events (e.g. client event speeches, industry panels)
* Review, challenge and improve existing and new processes / initiatives impacting the Banks & Broker Dealers business.
* Work closely with stakeholders to manage business risks globally, conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external)
* Understand and perform quality control on risk agenda items across the portfolio in collaboration with key risk partners (e.g. credit, operational, financial crime risk)
* Direct / Indirect reports of the GH BBD, Product Partners, Strategy, Risk, Corporate Affairs, Communications, Finance, COO, HR, Brand & Marketing, Legal, and Compliance.
* Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in CIB
* Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
* Support additional agenda items that are key to the book of work for the GH BBD across all functions (e.g., D&I Council, CIB Learning council - content development and review, marketing strategy, communications, etc.)
* Act as initial point of escalation for RMs globally
Qualifications and Skills
* Degree qualified with at least 10+ years of busines management experience within banking and financial services. Highly strategic, consultative and solution oriented with the ability to assess and understand business & organizational issues/requirements & contextualize these from a Banks and Broker Dealers perspective
* Strong execution capability, high discipline with excellent project management skills
* Exceptional relationship management skills. Strong ability to manage and effectively influence multiple stakeholders including senior management
* Strong analytical capability
* Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills i.e Powerpoint, Excel,
* Strong team orientation. Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural, cross-geographical, matrix environments
* High level of responsiveness, sense of urgency; ability to operate in a highly pressurised & dynamic environment
* Strong drive for results, ability to plan, track and follow through to deliver an aggressive Sales & Client Management agenda
* Role model for the Bank's values, particularly confidentiality
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 12/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.