Director, CFCC AML Oversight
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
As part of the FCC AML Oversight & Product Risk Assessment team, the role holder is expected to be an experienced AML/FCC/Compliance professional who is able to manage multiple complex projects/initiatives concurrently and independently. The role holder will be responsible for leading a number of key initiatives, including FCC Product Risk Assessment ("PRA"), project management of large, pan-segment/product related AML Policy & Standards implementation; leading remediation exercises; become a SME in assigned AML Policy and Standards and provide advice to the CFCC Advisory team/business stakeholders; pro-active risk identification and remediation; and enhancement of internal DOIs and process. It is expected that the role holder has excellent communication skills, including verbal and written, is able to build collaborative relationship with all levels of the organisation and is comfortable working with senior management in FCC & Business. The role holder is expected to have excellent attention to details and will be comfortable solving large and complex problems. As one of the senior leaders of the team, the role holder is also expected to guide and mentor junior team members. Business
- Provides AML Policy & Standards advice to the business & CFCC Advisory, regarding financial crime risks and controls related to assigned policy & standards.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
People and Talent
- Document and maintain all core documents, including policies/processes/DOIs.
- Proposes new/revisions to existing controls to incorporate changes to industry best practice and regulatory expectations.
- Works collaboratively with the business and Operational Risk and FCC Controls.
- Ensures appropriate documentation of controls and control decisions.
- Develop communications strategies and plans that deliver timely and relevant messages to the right stakeholders through appropriate activities and channels.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Develop and maintain an effective financial crime risk training and awareness programme using different modes of delivery for country/regional teams in their relevant AML Policy & Procedures.
- Provides ad-hoc additional training as and when appropriate
- Develop the training material & case studies
- Support and/or lead relevant governance/project forums (PSC, working group, etc.)
- Providing governance and oversight over the objectives in CFCC AML Policy, Standards and associated implementation
- Co-ordinate/support the management of audits/exams.
- Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
- Design and maintain dashboards and metrics that allow FCC to dynamically monitor financial crime risk and operational performance for key FCC processes.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Track, lead or influence significant programmes of work in support of the financial crime compliance objectives.
- Ensure that the implementation of any AML standards/policy, if project managing, is delivered in accordance to the timeline and agreed scope, and following the Group's project management standards
In relation to Financial Crime Compliance the job holder should possess:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the CFCC AML Oversight to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Experience of FCC across multiple jurisdictions
- Must possess ability to assess strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Have a good knowledge of the Group, the Policies, Procedures and Standards relating to Financial Crime Compliance, as well as knowledge of the local regulations and legislation on AML/CTF and sanctions
- 10+ years of relevant experience in FCC or Compliance
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong responsibility and organisation skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills - Formal writing skills and verbal communication including presentation skills
- Strong learner, intellect and relater. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to complete tasks in timely manner
- Self-motivated and self-reliant, with the ability to provide practical and effective advice. Inclusive style and good listening skills are required. Being able to accept challenge, listen to the other point of view and adapt your approach accordingly is essential
- Good judgement. Excellent collaborative and team playing skills.
- Diplomacy, empathy and a 'can-do attitude'.
- Politeness, sensitivity and the ability to gently, but professionally stand your ground when needed
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions. Personal authority and integrity, independence, creativity, resourcefulness and resilience
- Understanding of the key features of relevant FCC laws and regulations that affect the Group
- Be willing to develop other team members to increase their knowledge and also want to develop further as a manager.
- Group CFCC Product & Segment Heads
- Regional & Country Heads of FCC/CFCC
- Product, Segment & FCC ORF representatives
- Group FCC Controls
- Business (Segment & Product) stakeholders
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in CFCC AML Policy, Standards and Oversight
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- ACAMS preferred
- Financial Crime risk knowledge in Products would be advantageous
- Experience in regulatory engagement and/or liaison would be advantageous
- Excellent writing skills are a must - communications to senior management and/or regulators
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.