Director Credit Risk, Private Banking
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 03C5451
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
An established private banking arm of a global institution is currently seeking a Director Credit Risk, Private Banking to join its credit risk team in Singapore. In this job, you will be responsible for exercising direct credit risk approval authority in the private banking clients business.
About the Director Credit Risk, Private Banking Role:
In this business critical role, your overall focus is to uphold the integrity of the group's risk / return decisions by ensuring that the credit risks arising from the private banking clients are properly assessed, risk / return decisions are made transparently on the basis of this assessment and controlled in accordance with the group's standards and risk appetite.
- Assess the credit risk profile of the private banking clients' portfolios within the defined responsibility, maintain alignment with the risk appetite by rebalancing of risks or controls that may be required in response to internal and external factors
- Assist the Head of Credit in effectively communicating risk control parameters across the business, including policies, control standards, risk exposure limits and other control levers in order to maintain the risk profile of the group
- Contribute to stress tests as required by internal and external factors, and review results
- Ensure that all proposals reviewed and approved are in accordance with the properly approved business strategy plans and risk appetite
- Ensure that the risk management framework and applicable policies are effectively embedded, communicated and implemented across the private banking clients' procedures and processes
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators
To succeed in this role, you will need to be aware and have an understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Experience in and knowledge of investment products and leverage strategies, with the ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return
- Demonstrated success in a similar credit role including managing risk in geographically-dispersed and highly-varied product base
- Strong relationship management experience with external stakeholders including regulators and rating agencies
This firm is a leading global name within financial services with a strong commitment to growing its APAC operations. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The bank is also focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. Excellent career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Director Credit Risk, Private Banking job.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1656722 May Jin Yap