Director, Cyber Threat Intelligence & Countermeasures
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services" .
The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products in order to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCBoperates.
In order for STS-Threat Intelligence to be a truly global team it must have thought leaders located in multiple geographic regions. This requires a highly skilled and experienced threat intelligence managers to compliment the team and develop capability that improves the Bank's threat intelligence posture in order protect the Bank from complex cyber threats.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Drive the formulation of strategic, tactical and threat focused cyber intelligence to educate and inform senior executives on protecting the Bank's digital assets from known and developing cyber threats at a technology and management level.
- Build global relationships and represent Standard Chartered at trusted forums, regulator briefing and official information exchanges inducing wider industry, law enforcement and government.
- Use existing SC threat platforms to curate timely situational awareness of complex cyber threats, including research via use of various sources, to formulate written and oral briefings.
- Lead the technical delivery of intelligence on global threat campaigns against payment or transaction technology (SWIFT, BACS, FX) and relevant analysis on TTPs and IOCs.
- Implement industry frameworks for identifying control gaps that adversaries are exploiting to continually enhance existing security capabilities and prioritise investment.
- Lead complex and Bank wide intelligence improvement efforts that work across Fraud, Business, Risk and Technology domains.
- Protect SCB by performing technical research into advanced, targeted attacks, malware campaigns, malware and other emerging technologies that post risk to the bank through coordination and collaboration with I.R and threat hunting teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related major or industry experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a curious and inquisitive mindset.
- Experience in writing intelligence reports for senior management
- 10+ years of experience in cyber security preferably in Banking and Financial services sector
- Experience in using various open sources and tools to research external threat actors and threat actor groups
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools, Threat Intelligence platform/tools.
- Good understanding of STIX/TAXII, TTPs and attack frameworks.
- Experience in some programming C/C++, Python, use of analytics tools, big data sets, scripting python Perl/SQL and other query languages.
- Firm grasp of Link-analysis methods and software such as Maltego and Palantir would be an asset.
- Having technical security certifications will be an added advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.