Director, Digital Solutions (124276)
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 About the role
The Digital Solutions team in this organisation actively engages with the business to refresh business vision, models, and investments for the Digital Economy.
The Digital Solutions team comprises not just Solution Architects but Digital Customer Experience Architects that bring behaviours, customer expectations, and technology together to lead approaches such as OTT (over the top), payments, identity, and of course point solutions. Digital architects provide technical leadership for business capital projects from concept through to delivery.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Solutions Director that will own the Digital Customer. That is, your perspective is not that of a particular product or technology. Silo'd solutions and projects are not what we want. A holistic or cross-project view comes from taking the perspective of the Digital Customer.
As a leader of the solutions team you will be well versed in the latest architectural practices and technology. You will guide the team to implement best practice solutions and architecture aligned to the business vision. You will have an extensive background in the online and/or mobile application domains with a solid understanding of development, delivery and operational considerations.
Forthcoming projects will be driving a digital transformation with teams being formed to innovate new and re-engineer existing applications that meet the challenges for the future. We are doing cloud native, continuous delivery, with containerised deployment. These are game-changing, high-impact projects, and we require the best talent locally and internationally to accelerate the momentum already created. Key Responsibilities
- Define and implement the strategic architecture roadmap for the Digital Technology organization
- Collaborate with the Singtel Director of Development to ensure technology and architecture are aligned where possible
- Cultivate relationships with key business stakeholders and align the roadmap with business vision
- Play an instrumental role in engagement, stakeholder management, and solution delivery
- Development and closing of solutions to stakeholders, which can include the C-suite, middle managers, and evaluation committees.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the business, goals, strategies, and industry trends and directions.
- Integrating products and services required to meet business and Digital Customer needs.
- You and your architects and solution designers work directly with the business, domain experts, product owners, to shape and design application solutions.
- Lead and inspire your architects and designers as they work within the Build-Run team alongside the developers, testers, business, and other roles.
- Lead multiple value streams concurrently and has expense and Digital Customer satisfaction targets.
- Form relationships with product labs, R&D, of key vendors and partners to ensure we are abreast of directions.
- Attract and retain outstanding architect and design talent
- Establish our presence and reputation in the resource market through engagement in consortiums and key conferences, leading local events, sessions, and think tanks, and by engaging with colleges and higher ed.
- Capital planning for Digital technology organistaion's submission to Annual Operating plan
- Management of a team of up to 15 architects/solution designers
- Degree qualified in business management, IT, computer software, electronic or computer engineering fields or equivalent industry experience.
- 10+ years of technical hands-on experience in Digital Technologies, with significant experience in leading and providing solutions to large and complex high-volume transactional IT systems environment.
- Experience with software delivery methodology standards, including but not limiting to waterfall, OOA/D, and unified/agile
- Experience in managing business, vendor and major stakeholders
- Understanding of DevOps tools and Frameworks.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.