- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 25 Oct 17
Director, Operational Excellence
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.This role is an opportunity to work with the Operational Excellence team and the senior leadership of the bank. The programme has been created to drive and accelerate Operational Excellence and Execution across the Bank using a simple, fact based standardized, bank wide approach.
OE programme is pivotal to achieve the bank's targets on returns/ profitability and improved client experience and therefore comes with Senior Management commitment. The programme will use multiple holistic levers including process improvement, structural changes, targets and tracking, training & accountability, policy streamlining and digitization.
The chosen candidate will gain exposure to COOs, Business Heads and Management Teams and an understanding of multiple business lines and functions. It includes a blend of strategic thinking and execution and provides a platform for future roles within the COO community or Business/Function lines.
- Deploy the standard OE framework and establish a portfolio of initiatives
- Support design and delivery of the overall OE agenda in line with target outcomes
- Establish and maintain a highly engaged working relationship with shared accountability across businesses/functions
- Demonstrate initiative and support the evolution of OE strategy in the Bank by contributing to C- Support and contribute to the growth and branding of OE in the Bank, helping to embed the culture of OE practices across the Bank
- Support teams in OE deployment to effectively manage business change
- Establish and drive business-wide programmes of OE transformation, establishing communities of practice and/or contributing to training/people programmes that support the OE journey
- Transition OE interventions to become business-owned programmes enabling sustainable change
People and Talent
- Build and lead OE project teams
- Champion and act as a role model of the Group's values and culture
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement across businesses/functions
- Contribute to OE training and skill building initiatives
Governance & Processes
- Drive and deliver the portfolio of initiatives across the diagnostic, solution, implementation and monitoring phases
- Achieve quick wins whilst moving towards target operating model
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Business and Functional teams and leaders [clients]
- Group COO & COO teams
- Global Business
- Tech and Ops
* Spot Opportunities
* Solve Problems
* Take the Lead
* Achieve Results
* Lean/ Six Sigma/ Process Improvement Methodologies
* Change Management
* Low Cost Automations/ RPA
* Graduate (Engineers / MBAs preferred)
* Should have 8+ years of experience with relevant exposure to Process Improvement preferably within financial services.
* Coaching, mentoring & training experience.
* Experience with low cost process automations / RPA.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.