- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 Apr 18
Director, Trade Asset Sales & Syndication
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
The candidate will be a key member of Trade Asset Sales & Syndications (TASS) team, under Trade Distribution function, Transaction Banking. This role will specifically focus on distribution and syndication of transactions booked in ASEAN Region and will manage bank investors located in the ASEAN region.The role covers the following key areas for the region:
- Supporting the origination teams for their distribution needs across Corporate and FI risk, acting as the face of distribution
- Managing FI investor relationships in the region for risk participation of FI as well as Corporate risk
- Manage Trade finance Syndication deals for the region.
The team engages in the distribution of TB Assets & Contingents to optimize the deal structure, in relieving credit or country exposure, enhance RoRWA and to bring in liquidity through FRP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting all distribution needs of the ASEAN region, across all distribution channels, by managing bank investors directly and by coordinating with other investor managers from insurance and programs teams.
- Directly responsible for Trade Asset Distribution, and the management of trade assets for global distribution which have been originated from ASEAN region
- Work towards achieving distribution objectives to help TB achieve better management of credit exposures, improved client delivery and management of RoRWA.
- Work within the TASS team to ensure trade assets originated globally are offered and distributed successfully to investor clients in the respective regions.
- Coordinate the end to end process for the management of all TB transactions booked in the regions that are elected for distribution.
- Develop and maintain FI investor relationships for the region for distribution and Syndication of trade assets. Work proactively and closely with TB sales and CIB to understand their pipeline needs and communicate TB's distribution capabilities and market appetite and pricing.
- To work closely with other units within TASS & TCI and to develop constructive alternative risk distribution conduits.
- Work with internal stakeholders to problem solve issues relating to the distribution process including systems and processes.
- Take part in team initiatives and projects to increase distribution capabilities and establish new investment channels.
- Maintain MIS and contribute to team reporting.
- Comply with the banks internal policies and local regulatory requirements as well as the Anti-Money Laundering policies/measures, etc
- Awareness and understanding of the firm's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Strategic: ability to appreciate the bigger picture, create alternatives & instinctively spot relevant patterns, while remaining aware of the detailed nuances.
- Analytical: ability to search for reasons and causes behind events and decisions and be able to brainstorm on all the factors that might affect a situation
- Effective communication skills: Well-developed written and spoken communication skills to promote SCB capabilities within the SCB Group and externally.
- Teamwork: ability to work in a cross cultural team and maximize the team effort.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills : Personable with great emphasis on team work
- Ability to learn rapidly given the need to build multiple new capabilities
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Trade Finance/ Transaction Banking/ Trade Distribution/ Syndication
- Insightful and up to date knowledge of investor demand and risk appetite.
- Ability to understand and anticipate attitudinal changes from a distribution organisation.
- Detailed knowledge of various trade structures.
- Ability to develop and manage investor relationships with Financial Institutions.
- Multi cultural flexibility and effectiveness in a matrix/team orientated organisation.
- Ability to work, interact with cross functional teams across regions, well written and spoken capabilities including senior business interactions to step up to challenges and the opportunities that the bank overall provides.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly goal oriented, hungry and energetic.
- Versatile, able to adapt to changing market conditions.
- Team Player
- Persuasive/tactful negotiation skills