Director, Treasury - Balance Sheet Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead alignment and engagement of Business optimisation initiatives across Group and key countries ensuring communication and solutioning at the right forums
- Drive analysis and action plans around optimisation initiatives, trade-offs, Pricing and solutions to steer effective cross border and domestic business solutions
- Drive the review and implementation of the Global Booking Model Framework across all existing and new booking channels for Financial Markets, Retail, Private Bank & Treasury
- Assist in the development of appropriate drivers to strengthen visibility around the bank's asset and liabilities booking options and strategies
- Drive engagement with business / segment / countries / risk stakeholders to ensure alignment with the global booking model framework.
- Support senior management in presentations; committee updates to (OBSC, GALCO, ALCO, etc) as required.
Our Ideal Candidate
- COO Teams / Business Teams / COO Teams (Financial Markets, Retail, Private Bank, Treasury, etc)
- Risk Teams / CROs
- Regional / Country Balance Sheet Managers / CEOs /CFOs
- Other Treasury Teams (Capital, Liquidity, etc)
- At least 7-10 years in the banking or financial services industry.
- Strong academic record at bachelor or master degree level in business, economics, finance, financial engineering or related field from a well-recognized institution.
- Strong domain knowledge across different risk types in Banking, particularly Liquidity, Capital, Market and Credit Risk.
- Track record of working in a very organized way, multi-tasking, prioritising, managing data, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and long term).
- Proven ability to interact with multiple functions / levels and to coordinate deliverables from various inputs under tight deadlines.
- Proven strategic and analytical skills with a strong appetite for finding facts and offering solutions.
- Broad knowledge of banking products, including derivatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, drive and ability to work in a very fast paced high performance team.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a range of people from diverse background and geographies.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.