- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
As a Docker Engineer, you will be in a hands-on role which consist of containerizing apps and spreading the usage of containers in the company through automation and coaching.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Working within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications.
- Designing and implementing appropriate container environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influencing other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Docker best practices.
- Redesigning legacy applications for Docker implementation.
- Automating the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Ansible, and deploying environments using containers.
- Designing and developing automation workflows that integrates fully with Docker environments
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Participating in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Representing production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Driving improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Identifying reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
The candidate must have or be:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of overall experience in professional software engineering;
- At least 2+ years of hands-on experience as Docker engineer
- At least 1+ years of hands-on experience with AnsibleStrong background in Linux / Unix Administration
- Expertise with Docker CE
- Strong experience with Docker orchestration tool such as Kubernetes or Swarm
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Knowledge of Serena, Mongo DB, SolR or ELK is a plus