ED/SVP, Senior Legal Counsel - Intellectual Property, Legal, Compliance & Secretariat
Business Function Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Responsibilities
- Provide strategic, advisory, transactional and commercial support on the legal and regulatory requirements related to global IP, brand and intangible asset management as well as commercialisation, with a primary focus on Singapore, DBS' core markets, US, UK and EU.
- Advising on all IP matters involving trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, and design rights.
- Managing legal and compliance risks associated with the DBS' IP and other intangible assets, in particular identifying, protecting and enforcing DBS' IP and intangible assets; mitigating risks associated with third party IP and open source software.
- Determining eligibility for IP registrations, including patentability of inventions, drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications, as well as liaising with and managing external counsels and trademark and patent agents.
- Establish, implement and enforce appropriate Group-wide policies, procedures and processes for the purpose of handling and managing DBS-owned and third party IP assets.
- Draft and negotiate IP related agreements or provisions, including distribution agreements, licence agreements, as well as technology supply, transfer and integration agreements.
- Perform IP due diligence as well as draft and negotiate IP-related provisions for M&A or JV agreements.
- Have a working understanding of relevant tax, finance and accounting implications on transactions and corporate structures for IP and other intangible assets, including IP and brand valuation.
- Manage contentious matters related to IP and brand matters.
Appy Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- A qualified lawyer with a solid academic and training background.
- Strong English language skills.
- At least 10 - 12 years of PQE in IP, technology and general commercial practice groups in a high caliber law firm, and/or in-house IP legal role at an international technology company.
- A strong team player who thrives in a collaborative working environment.
- Demonstrates commercial-mindedness, initiative and adds value to their stakeholders and colleagues when advising on legal and regulatory risk management issues.
- Has the ability to quickly and succinctly communicate their legal advice on complex matters to enable stakeholders and colleagues to easily understand the core legal and regulatory risks and issues they need to manage.