- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 27 Aug 17
ETD System Engineer (Contract) - FM Trade Processing and Post Trade Technology
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.This Contract role will end on 31 December.
This role sits in Listed derivatives clearing technology team. The candidate will have opportunity to further develop knowledge and skills in both vendor and in house applications.
The successful candidate will be expected to implement and test solutions for Listed derivatives post trade processing, providing 3 rd level support and liaising with other teams and vendors to ensure quality releases into development, testing and production environments.
The successful candidate will be expected to take initiative and ownership of all aspects of software delivery, as well as being able to work with remote teams and able to properly time-manage their activities and lead/participate in prioritization discussions and issue triaging.
Career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents to pursue.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Focus on maintaining/enhancing an existing core application, take initiative, responsibility and ownership of building and delivering quality software releases to production.
- Make technical assessment of the work required using the existing architecture where possible and provide estimation for the work required
- Liaise with vendor and external parties on requirement and solution discussion.
- Liaise with Operations, front to back system teams and infrastructure teams for SIT, regression test, integration test and UAT.
- Provide guidance on questions and issues from users.
- Undertakes continuous improvement for the current Infrastructure;
- Provide 3 rd line production support.
Qualifications and Skills
- Established professional with 2 or more years working in financial technology firm.
- Possess a 'can-do' attitude and proactively seeking to overcome obstacles to deliver.
- Have good communication skills
- Be highly motivated and is a self starter
- Willing to pick up new skills and knowledge
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and time critical situation
- Degree in Computer science or related field is a must
- Hands-on experience with Oracle SQL / scripting
- Strong technical problem solving skill
- Configure and install Vendor applications (knowledge of Clearvision, Ubix and FiXengine desirable)
- Broad interest in software languages and development practices.
- Systems engineering experience encompassing networking, resources, architectures, performance and design.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.