A leading Chinese investment bank is looking to add a mid-level economist for Southeast Asia. The role will be based in Singapore. The ideal candidate needs to have a Ph.D degree in Economics or Finance from a reputable university, have 3- 7 years of research experience and proven ability in Southeast Asia relevant topics at a reputable international/ local financial institution. Good command of English is required with proficiency in local language is a plus.
- This role will be responsible for studies on major economies of Southeast: such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, etc.
- Indentify and evaluate economic trends and their impact on the market
- Formulate forecasts of future economic developments
- Prepare analytical report for internal and external distribution
- collaborate with colleagues from other business teams on broader thematic analysis and research work