- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 20 Mar 18
Editorial Team - Group Corporate Communications (1year contract)
Editorial Team - Group Corporate Communications (1year contract)Job summary:
You will be involved in all aspects of improving the quality of the Bank's written communications, primarily to customers.
You will be involved in assessing, editing and otherwise improving the quality of our writing to customers, especially our correspondence (eg letters, emails, SMSes) and other media;
You will guide, train and support writers across the Bank, acting as a champion of good writing;
You will be Editor of the Bank's internal monthly publication, Teller (which has an online component); you must drive, conceptualise and edit its content;
As a secondary role, you will over time be inducted into the work of optimising the handling of, and learnings from, customer complaints.
Requirements: [To asssess (1) and (5), a test or tests may be administered]
- Excellent, grammatically faultless editing skills and a flair for writing, with ideally experience in journalism/publishing; must be able to perform these functions creatively across different modes of writing including social media, marketing-type writing and electronic media;
- Familiarity with page layout and design, and relevant software, a strong advantage;
- A sustained passion for improving the customer's experience in all spheres - over and above just 'written communications';
- Must have excellent inter-personal skills and minimally a willingness to develop strong teaching/coaching and training competencies;
- An analytical mindset, coupled with a lively interest in seeking practical improvements via an problem-solving approach that cuts across disciplines;
- Must enjoy multi-tasking and working both alone and as part of a team.