- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
Role: S&P Global Platts is seeking an Energy Analyst I, for Platts Analytics Global Bench program. This position is a developmental market facing role with daily responsibility of analyzing commodity data and creation of market relevant analysis. The analyst will be responsible for supporting and working with the various Analytics team in the creation of actionable intelligence for our clients to make informed trading/risk management and investment decisions.
The Team: You are part of a global analytics team. This is a fast paced environment, with ever expanding new ways of delivering important content and analytics to our client's.
The Impact: The analyst will collect economic and financial information specific to a commodity market or organization, will conduct market sector or statistical analysis and will interpret key market data elements into useful business information.
What's in it for you: This person would be placed on a challenging, steep learning curve in terms of not only becoming a subject matter expert in energy related commodities, but also in competing/complementary markets, such natural gas liquids and petrochemicals. This person will focus initially on regional Asian markets, but will be expected to share insights as to how these local markets impact the global hydrocarbon markets. Numerous opportunities abound to showcase this person's managerial ambitions, presentation abilities, and thought leadership that could lead to middle- to higher-management positions within the organization.
- Collects economic and financial information specific to a commodity market or organization, conducts market sector or statistical analysis and interprets key market data elements into useful business information
- Leverages broad scope of knowledge when performing analysis on data sets; Use of scripts, codes, languages, etc. will be expected.
- Performs high level analysis and modeling. May be required to develop quantitative/analytical models.
- Conducts research including identifying data, data input, and statistical analysis of results, creates and maintains data, and reports, along with relevant financial metrics.
- Prepares presentations and engages directly with clients to present analysis. Responds to client requests/inquiries for data and analysis.
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Business, and/or related field of study preferred. Equivalent experience within their discipline also considered.
- 0-4 years' experience in natural gas/oil/LNG/LPG/ petrochemicals or energy industry background
- Persistent with a natural curiosity about energy market fundamentals, technical details and Transportation infrastructure and logistics.
- Displays well-rounded communication skills that implement good listening techniques, clear, concise writing style; and good verbal skills. The ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally is mandatory.
- Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the needs of a diverse team.
- Displays good numeracy including ability to conceptualize proportional relationships; understand the basic principles of algebra and statistics; understand and applies basic math functions in Excel and has a basic understanding of economics principles.
- Intermediate or advanced experience with Excel a must; experience with R, SQL, and VBA is preferred.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines. Able to adjust priorities throughout the day.
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .