See job description for details
Engineer - Fixed Income, Derivatives and Market Risk – Institutional Role Overview: About The Role
Role Location: Ocean Financial Centre, 10 Collyer Quay, Singapore
Role Type: 12 months Fixed Term, Full time opportunity Institutional
The Institutional domain will deliver full end-to-end world class products and services to our global Institutional, Corporate and Commercial and Retail customers across Asia. It will incorporate capabilities across areas of Investment Banking, Trading and Sales, Cash Management, Wholesale Lending and Trade Finance and with a single view of a customer to better integrate business and technology in creating a seamless customer experience. The domain will lead digital transformation in areas such as trade and supply chain management to create a seamless customer experience. Fixed Income, Derivatives and Market Risk
To provide services to the Fixed Income, Derivatives and Market Risk businesses within the Institutional bank to enable best of breed technology capabilities to be delivered for Institutional customers.
Engineer design, build, test and support applications and / or underlying bank infrastructure. They work closely with squad members to ensure outcomes meet customer expectations. Who are you?
What will you bring to the role?
- A team player – I know we only win if we all win. I recognise and value the different perspectives and skills my squad mates bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of our mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – I demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- A collaboration champion – I work closely with my colleagues to ensure alignment and champion the sharing of learning across teams
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – I am comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage myself through ambiguity by making meaning, building relationships and creating clarity with my peers
- Continuous improvement junkie – I constructively challenge the status quo, I look for better ways of doing things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to my own and other’s growth – I strive to stretch and grow myself and others by identifying my own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – I am energised by tackling complex problems. I use my critical thinking, network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Commercially and Tech curious – I have a wide-angled lens. I am curious about what’s happening in the external market and in emerging trends and innovations (technological and otherwise) and how we use this information to better inform our decisions and actions.
- Risk savvy – I build sustainable solutions that protect stakeholders and customers and proactively address risks by role-modelling improvements in the bank’s overall risk and control environment.
- Professional development experience in multiple languages: Java, Python, C Sharp, Ruby, Scripting (Batch, Powershell, Bash Shell), AWS YAML, Ansible
- Deep understanding of at least one core product areas of expertise (FXO, IRO, FXMM, Credit or Commodities)
- Strong knowledge of at least one Trading and Risk Management platform and good understanding of a distributed architecture
- Proven experience in a similar role involving Front Office support and interaction with business stakeholders
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand
- Strong programming and scripting fundamentals
- Experience with Clean Code practices and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery concepts
- Training in an engineering degree and experience with the systems method of problem-solving
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number SIN006791