This position is responsible for the sales, marketing and development of SGX’s equity securities and derivatives product lines in the UK and in Europe, with a focus on institutional investing and trading clients from both buy and sell side firms. This includes asset managers, hedge funds, trading firms, bank trading desks, and institutional brokerages.
Based in London, the key deliverable for this role is to promote and increase secondary market trading activity in SGX’s suite of listed companies and equity derivatives products by way of direct institutional client engagement to drive growth in volumes and revenue. The individual in this role will identify appropriate client strategies, execute sales campaigns, and acquire new clients for SGX.
The individual also be required to work closely with SGX equity product teams in the development of new product and business lines by identifying and communicating client needs and industry trends.
The individual must be a self-starter and comfortable to work in a small, satellite office environment while keeping in close communication with headquarters in Singapore. The individual will report to the SGX Chief Representative in London, with a matrix reporting line to the Global Head of Equity and FICC Sales in Singapore.
- Identify and explore business development, onboarding, and trading opportunities with target institutional clients primarily in London, and in continental Europe.
- Drive increased secondary market trading activity from target institutional clients in SGX-listed securities and equity derivatives, e.g. SGX-listed index stocks, DLC, REITs, ETFs, Nikkei 225 futures & options, FTSE China A50 futures, Nifty Index futures, MSCI Net Total Return futures, Single Stock Futures, etc.
- Fully utilise industry experience and contacts to help SGX’s equity product teams identify and develop new product and business opportunities in the region.
- Keep SGX management and equity product teams apprised of market developments in the region, including regulatory changes, industry trends, and competitive threats.
- Generate and disseminate educational and marketing messages to target institutional clients.
- Develop strong client relationships, improve client satisfaction, handle client inquiries, solve client issues, and handhold new clients through the onboarding process.
- Represent SGX professionally with clients, and at industry events. This includes identifying suitable industry events and forums, and speaking on behalf of SGX.
- Make use of internal sales tools and processes to ensure alignment of corporate sales objectives and assist in maintenance and development of client depositories and MIS.
- Comply with local regulations in the UK and Europe, Singapore regulations, and SGX internal policies at all times
- At least 10 years of direct experience in the financial industry, preferably in a product-structuring trading or sales role covering listed equity securities and derivatives, as well as the OTC market for equity swaps and other related instruments.
- Strong network amongst professionals and senior management in the financial industry in London and continental Europe, in particular with the buy side firms.
- Strong and recent knowledge of financial industry standards, best practices, developments, equity derivatives products (preferably with an Asian focus), cash equities and related products, as well as institutional client and investing trends.
- High energy, strong executive presence with effective communication and presentation skills.
- Culturally sensitive and versatile, with a strong sense of integrity and ability to function as part of a high-performance team.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, driven to meet ambitious targets in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong influencing skills, persuasive and good in negotiations, logical in reasoning.