Executive Assistant/Office Manager
- Competitive Comp Plan
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 16 Jun 18 2018-06-16
We are currently looking for a talented Executive Assistant/Office Manager to support our Singapore Office. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who has strong experience supporting executives with global responsibilities in a fast-paced firm.Experience in financial services and especially asset management is a plus.
TITLE: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
THE COMPANY: Matthews Asia
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with subsidiary offices in London and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries and retail investors worldwide. For over 25 years our bottom-up, active investment approach has focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia’s diverse markets. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to our clients and partners.
Additional information on Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com
This position will report to the Head of Global Human Resources and Office Administration
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a newly created position for our new office in Singapore. The location will be based in Raffles City.
We are currently looking for a talented Executive Assistant/Office Manager to support our Singapore Office. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who has strong experience supporting executives with global responsibilities in a fast-paced firm. Experience in financial services and especially asset management is a plus. The candidate should be a team player, self-starter, extremely motivated, resourceful, organized, communicative, and able to complete tasks independently. In addition, the ideal candidate should have some experience as an office manager including managing vendor relationships, organizing office operations and procedures, working with IT to maintain office equipment (including phone system and some limited desktop support), procuring office supplies and managing the office budget.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide professional, executive support on all levels and serve as a key resource to the Head of Office as well as others in the firm.
- Proactively manage calendars with minimal direction
- Organize complex domestic/international travel, as well as expense management and processing
- Working with the Finance Department in the US to ensure invoices and process and paid in a timely manner
- Draft and coordinate meeting agendas and materials; also responsible for transcribing meeting minutes
- Liaise with other departments in the US and other offices on the execution of strategic projects
- Provide phone coverage
- Maintain efficient filing and organization of correspondence, reports, research data and meeting materials
- Work with the Client Service and Marketing Depts. in the US on PowerPoint presentations, preparation of presentation materials including printing, coping, and binding.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of conferences and events attended and sponsored by Matthews
- Welcome and greet visiting clients/guests to the Singapore office.
- Assist the Singapore team with collating and issuing appropriate and relevant marketing/sales materials, pre/post meetings and events.
Qualifications required for this position are as follows:
- Minimum 8+ years of administrative experience supporting senior-level executives and 2-3 years of office management experience
- Must have experience working in the financial services/asset management industry
- BA/BS degree, preferred
- Must speak and write fluently in English
- Advanced MS Outlook and strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Experience working with customer relationship database is a plus
- Strong aptitude and interest in learning
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and follow-up skills
- Able to anticipate needs and act upon requests independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and solid interpersonal skills required
- Professional phone manner
- Ability to multi-task, must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills and must be a self-starter
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to consistently follow through and take ownership of responsibilities
- Proactive in asking questions when needed and resourceful in solving problems
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.