FVP, Release Manager (Digital Bank)
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 23 Nov 17
FVP, Release Manager (Digital Bank)Job Objective:
Responsible to coordinate and smoothen end to end delivery of Digital Bank platform regarding dependencies management, code-drop synchronization, environment availability, production support preparation ; using established methods and technologies with off-the- shelf or custom solutions delivered using a combination of internal staff, contractors and vendors.
- Plan and manage code drops, sprints and releases across the various countries and manage the schedule.
- Plan & collaborate across different application teams to manage dependencies of the solution
- Monitor and manage risks /issues related to technical delivery
- Provide status update related to technical delivery to program management
- Contribute to back-log grooming, sprint and release planning to help to identify dependency
- Partner with DevOps, Infrastructure, testing teams to coordinate and schedule test environment availabilities and delivery of code across the various test stages.
- Collaborate across different teams to manage dependencies and friction points
Process and Continuous improvement
- Set up industry leading practice to manage releases and code delivery, embedded in the appropriate tools
- Drive the process adoption and act as a change agent in the organization, across Business, IT and operations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in application development and implementation, particularly in
ecommerce, internet banking and mobile banking projects (6 years for Junior)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an Application Development Manager or Release Manager role for large/complex projects involving multiple technologies (2 years for Junior)
- Good understanding and experience in of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile or Kanban development
- Good understanding and experience in Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, GitHub, Aldon or similar configuration management tools, continuous build and continuous integration at enterprise usage
- Keep abreast of technology trends in application development
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the- box problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- A strong and assertive communicator in speaking and writing