FX Production Support Analyst
Come join a busy, dynamic global team dedicated to providing global follow-the-sun 1st and 2nd line production service excellence to the Trade Capture, Risk and P&L applications across the regional FX business using your technical and business knowledge in this challenging and fast moving space.
The ideal candidate will have a forward thinking, can-do attitude. A strong team player dedicated to providing first class customer service whilst keeping pace with our ever evolving technology.
This is a team member role within the FX Production Services team providing support to the FX businesses for a wide range of electronic trading platforms and applications in addition to maintaining our in house\vendor based application solutions. The electronic trading platform architecture consists of multiple external/internal applications designed to facilitate the successful execution of FX trade.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a Production Support role
- Good understanding of Investment Banking, especially eFX and FX as well as strong knowledge of
front office electronic trading systems including apps that have connectivity to external trading apps
- Working support knowledge of FX production applications - this includes appropriate escalation
and ownership to completion of issues and requests
- Confident with understanding and adhering to procedure such as release and incident management
- Experience in ticket logging processes to build up a knowledge base, identify trends and generate
accurate metrics for management reportin
- The ability to apply problem solving skills prior to escalation to management
- Be able to build strong, collaborative relationships with the business, application development
teams, Infrastructure, various governance teams and functional groups across the region
- Strong communication skills and resilience when dealing with demanding clients
- Able to handle a fast paced trading environment and ability to handle production issues impacting
the business with a sense of urgency
- Operating systems knowledge (Windows, Unix, Linux)
- Strong scripting skills (eg Shell Scripting, Python, Perl)
- Good working knowledge of databases and writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure or similar)
- Experience of supporting DevOps tools as part of the deployment pipeline e.g. Git, Jenkins, Docker,
Ansible, Elastic, Jira etc.
- Highly experienced in FIX Protocol
- eFX client on-boarding experience
- Worked in a front office trader facing environment supporting E-Trading application/similar
experience in high frequency low latency applications
- Knowledge of KDB
- Knowledge and experience in IT automation
- Knowledge and understanding of the Site Reliablility Engineering principles
- Understanding of Agile practices and principles
- AWS Practitioner Certification or similar
- Autosys setup and configuration
- Understanding of ITIL
- ECN or Exchange connectivity
- Understanding of FX products
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any
less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed,
colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.
DISCLAIMER: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management
reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job ID -- 1194072