Finance Business Partner - Insurance
- Permanent, Full time
- Stirling Andersen , EA Licence No: 16S8094
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Working within one of the worlds largest insurance broking companies this role is responsible for the delivery of a variety of financial and management accounting processes, group reporting, Executive Committee information, planning, strategy and regulatory reporting. Working within a small team, the role involves a high degree of collaboration with colleagues based around the region.
First and foremost this is a business partnering role with stakeholders across the Asia region. The role will encompass the full spectrum of financial reporting & Analysis for the business from the regional hq here in Singapore.
Forecasting, Budgeting and Business Planning - To manage the forecasting, budgeting and planning capabilities and in particular improve the visibility of divisional trading performance.
Maintain regular fully loaded profit and loss accounts to include estimates of final year outcome
- Maintain the Company’s budget data and year plan data
- Preparation of final reports for senior managers
- Preparation of company forecasts by division
- Provide commercial insight on reporting packs to Divisional leaders
- Balance sheet analysis and preparation for budgets and forecasts
- Utilisation of renewal and pipeline data for forecasts, budgets and management information
- Aid strategic planning
- Manage the ongoing review of financial reporting and management information to enhance its value to stakeholders.
- Produce accurate reports on a timely basis
- Oversee cash-flow and working capital requirements
- Overview of Statutory Accounts and change from in accounting standards (eg IFRS15)
Produce and report on monthly management accounts. Approval and submission of the management accounts. Review, analysis and commentary of monthly management accounts
- Present monthly results to the Financial Controller and CFO
- Manage and review profit and loss and balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing the allocation models
- Balance sheet ownership and analysis
To improve the control framework over the preparation, reconciliation and review of all output prior to submission
- Deliver work according to set processes and policies as part of the 1 st Line of Defence (compliance)
- Seeking efficiencies onshore and offshore
- Ensure robust control environment
- Deliver accurate and timely reporting as required by stakeholders
- Oversight of financial controls of the to be implemented operating system (broking)
- Technical updates (eg IFRS) with changes to policies and procedures to reflect these