About this role
This position could be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore In this role, you will:
- Perform planning, execution and reporting of the Financial Crimes Compliance Testing engagements across all Line of Business as well as Corporate Functions and validate the Bank's issue remediation in APAC.
- Involve in the annual planning and execution of the Financial Crimes Compliance Testing program in APAC to assess the Bank's control environment.
- Work with other 'Second Line of Defense' functions and business units to help the team in APAC to maintain an up-to-date view on the Bank's risk landscape in the region.
- Provide credible challenge and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls.
We Value Diversity
- 5+ years of experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk and Testing of financial services industry, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in financial crimes
- University Degree holder
- Demonstrated knowledge of APAC financial services and financial crimes topics such as KYC/customer due diligence, sanctions screening, suspicious activity reporting, and fraud
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Detail and task oriented
- Team player
- Ability to work in a complex, rapidly changing environment, and regulatory pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Good interpersonal skills, able to develop strong relationships and experience working in an international organization
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Web based applications
- CPA, CAMS or equivalent certification
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.