Financial Reporting- Digital Venture
We're looking for a Financial Reporting Manager, to work onsite within our Digital Venture office. We're a very small, but growing venture, with new and exciting problems to solve. We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams.
As a Financial Reporting Manager, you'd be able to work on and solve some of the many interesting challenges we are facing, learn new ways of working, and build delightful high quality products for our customers. Role Responsibilities
- Being a licensed bank, you will ensure Phoenix fulfils all the statutory requirements, which includes (but not limited to) capital and liquidity, balance sheet, cash flows, P&L, tax, and treasury. You will work with the CFO to champion the selection and implementation of the finance and treasury systems for the organization, by collaborating with the Technology teams.
- Support the management of the balance sheet and liquidity and interest rate risk through the ALCO process.
- Develop and maintain effective financial information systems to satisfy the reporting needs of local regulators
- Apply accounting and financial control policies, standards, procedures and internal control practices in PHOENIX.
- Build the finance operating model, process and system and champion a data insight led advisory function.
Local Regulatory and Statutory Reporting
- Deliver accurate and timely financial and statistical information to local regulator
- Take lead for efficient and effective statutory audit process execution
- To liaise with local regulator(s) on issues arising from financial, statistical and other reports, including periodical audits by local regulators
- To monitor compliance with local capital adequacy and other local statutory requirements and draw management attention to any action needed to these requirements
- To ensure that statutory accounts are in accordance with local requirements and delivered in a timely manner
- Liaise with SCB Singapore Finance teams for consolidation & group reporting
- Ensure adequate organization and processes for effective management of the Phoenix's tax liabilities.
- Ensure high standards regarding tax compliance, including risk assessment for local corporate, income and other tax regimes (e.g. withholding tax)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage operational risk of the Finance function through all applicable policies and by supporting CFO as Risk Owner for Accounting & Financial Reporting, Tax, Regulatory Reporting, Prudential Standard - Capital & Liquidity
- Prudential standards are defined as local regulatory requirements pertaining to Capital and Liquidity.
- As a Risk Owner for the local capital and liquidity regulatory requirements, you are responsible to ensure that Phoenix holds sufficient capital and liquidity and remain compliant with regulation.
- Ensure that required control standards are being met, by continuous monitoring of risk and control Indicators.
- Highlight and escalate (as required) where control standards are not being met, including highlighting control design deficiencies or gaps
- Minimum of 8 years' experience within Financial Control experience
- Demonstrated understanding of how Fintech operates differently from conventional financial organization
- Strong Change management skills
- Significant experience in a variety of commercial and controllership senior Finance roles in complex organizations.
- Knowledge of the types of talents required by a fintech, strong network with the recruitment agencies.
- Strong people leader with ability to lead and grow teams of international talent.
- Strong business partner who can influence and effectively challenge senior stakeholders.
- Energy and desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results
- Strong collaboration, consensus building, problem resolution and communication skills are a prerequisite
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .