Financial Services (Credit Risk) Senior Associate, Advisory, Singapore
- Not Specified
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Singapore
- 14 May 18 2018-05-14
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
As part of the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice and you will provide a well-integrated broad array of risk management services to capital market participants within global banking, capital markets, asset management and insurance. FSRM products and services include Anti-Money Laundering, Regulatory Compliance, Prudential Supervision, Bank Holding Company reporting, Credit Risk/ Capital Adequacy/ Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk, Structured Finance and Quantitative Advisory Services.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Associate in the Risk Management team, you will be expected to deliver assignments of high level client satisfaction and build an understanding of our solutions, share knowledge and be able to draw on subject matter specialist accordingly. You will also be formulating/ implementing Enterprise Risk Management initiatives including risk quantification and portfolio risk management and advising clients on end-to-end credit processes.
Skills and attributes for success
- Reviewing and Enhancing Client’s Risk Management Framework
- Assist Clients on Group Risk Management and support the Board Risk Management Committee in reviewing the risk management across the group
- Lead and supervising the consultants in delivering the projects
- Formulating/ Implementing Enterprise Risk Management initiatives including risk quantification and portfolio risk management
- Validation and monitoring of model and scorecard performance and management information system
- Advise clients on end-to-end credit processes
To qualify for the role you must have
- 4 years’ experience in financial services credit risk management. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered at Associate Level.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
- Understanding of design and deployment of logical and physical structures in Banking risk & regulatory area (finance & treasury)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous exposure in data modelling tools or any other industry standard data modelling tools
- Significant relevant consulting, risk management or business expertise within a Retail/ Commercial or Corporate bank.
- Detailed understanding of the overall credit risk management lifecycle and associated credit risk and the policies, procedures and strategies employed to manage this risk.
- Experience in following activities:
- Develop Probability of Default and Loss Given Default risk rating models for commercial & corporate borrowers
- Develop time series Stress Test models to support capital planning initiatives
- Support performance monitoring and model validation.
- Assist in establishing, monitoring, evaluating and interpreting data with a risk management focus with an understanding of business strategy.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Credit Risk databases to provide data and analytical support to Senior Management.
- Perform data manipulation and analysis using SQL, SAS and other tools and present results and recommendations to Credit Risk Management.
- Identify deviations from forecast/expectations and explain variances. Identify risk and/or opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to leverage statistical solutions to solve business problems.
- Present results to Senior and Executive Management.
- Understand and adhere to the clients’ risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the clients’ risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.