First VP/VP, Infrastructure Architect, Shared Infrastructure Services
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
First VP/VP, Infrastructure Architect, Shared Infrastructure ServicesThe IT Infrastructure Architect is a thought leader responsible for infrastructure deployment strategy as it relates to designing, selecting, building, configuring, and deploying business capability through application, infrastructure & technology solutions. This individual must be driven and must possess a wide range of IT infrastructure experience such as network, servers, storage, etc. He/she should provide both internal business and infrastructure group expertise in the development & execution of IT infrastructure solutions to business requirements, from both a strategic and tactical perspective; including IT security aspects.
- Executes regional IT infrastructure Design responsibilities to meet the regional business requirements of the Bank
- Engage and collaborate with engineering teams to establish, continuously improve and keep current regional IT Infrastructure Architectural Guidelines.
- Work closely with application teams, engineering and capacity planners to provide infrastructure architectural oversight and, ensure validity and alignment of solutions with Bank's Infrastructure guidelines.
- Perform infrastructure project cost review prior to submission for budget approval.
- Mentor and guide infrastructure teams to follow the agreed architecting guidelines.
- A strategic thinker who has the organizational agility to handle ambiguity and yet able to focus and set strategic direction for the team with the ability to look at issues from multiple angles, the candidate should be able to appreciate diverse perspectives and complexity and ambiguity in management and strategic decisions
- Ability to handle diverse and multiple projects concurrently across the region
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders and large teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10 years of IT experience of which at least 5 years as an Infrastructure Architect managing multiple, medium to large cross-functional projects.
- Track record of successfully designing infrastructure architectural and review of complex IT systems across countries.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Possess the mental capacity and energy to sustain through difficulties and challenges; and the courage to raise issues and manage conflicts
- Self directed, self motivated with the ability to take ownership for business unit goals, he/she should make sound decisions in a timely manner, use good judgment and keep initiatives moving
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills and with effective presentation skill
- Strong experience in developing strategic roadmaps.
- Preferred IT Skill areas include:
- Server Hardware and technologies
- MS-Windows server OS, all versions and Unix or open source alternatives.
- MS Windows Server networking services (AD, IP protocol, DNS, DHCP, WINS, WSUS, etc.).
- MS Client OS, all active versions.
- Virtualization technologies
- Storage Technologies - SAN, NAS etc.
- Networking - specifically LAN server switching, both physical and virtual.
- Backup & DR solutions and recovery technologies.
- Scripting (shell, PowerShell, vb, or any other).
- Project Management experience - formal training beneficial.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving change.