First VP, Delivery Planning Lead, Change & Process Management, Group Technology
Posting Date: 28-Oct-2020
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Group Banking Technology (GBT) employs over 300 employees, with operating budgets in excess of $300m. The Delivery Planning Lead will drive improvements to the reporting tools, methods and processes utilized by the teams to increase availability and granularity of actionable data for the leadership team. She/he will analyse historic results, measure the effectiveness of various existing processes in a consistent way, and make business recommendations to senior management based on those analyses - all in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. Job Responsibilities
Planning & Management
- Work with department heads to understand, scope, and plan resourcing requirements, balancing the demand and supply
- Implement and operationalize reporting and tracking of resource capacity and utilization, to aid efficient planning of resources by the departments in meeting business demands
- Strengthen the resource on-boarding and off-boarding processes to ensure timely provision of assets, physical as well as network / business applications access for the new hires, and timely return of assets as well as de-activation of all accesses for the exiting staff
- Lead strategic planning and execution tracking of focus areas
- Be accountable for the review of annual work plans with GBT leadership and department heads to achieve the division goals and objectives in alignment with the overall strategy of the bank, business goals and available resources. This will also include the development of balanced scorecards and key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive the division's strategic direction
- Work closely with department heads and Finance partners to support the annual budgeting exercise and regular tracking of spend, providing on-going governance, analysis (expenses, utilisation), reporting, and ensuring proactive actions taken to meet targets, optimize expenses and improve future budget forecasting
People & Supply Management
- Work with HR partners to, manage and continually improve processes around talent and employees career progression, talent development and effective succession planning
- Analyse and provide reports for our vendors' performance
Process Improvement and Effectiveness
- Design and deploy processes to centralise administrative and operational tasks across the division to enable greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Aid strategic decision making by leadership team through creation and presentation of reports (regular and ad-hoc) encompassing strategic initiatives, department performance, performance against goals, etc.
Be a part of UOB Family
- 12 years of professional experience with 5 years in business management for a significant scale organisation
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process design skills that can translate analysis into actions that meet business objectives
- A confident and self-aware leader with a high degree of independence
- Ability to think strategically as well as execute at a tactical level
- Impactful verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at establishing a collaborative culture and enduring partnerships particularly working with colleagues across technology
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure
- Experience in resource management financial management and vendor management processes
- Understanding of technology and operational processes in financial services
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.