First VP, Domain Architect, Real Time Data, Customer Engagement, GBT, GTO
Posting Date: 17-Oct-2019
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: Unicom Data Bank Pte Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Working closely with stakeholders to develop practical domain roadmaps to move the enterprise towards the future state vision, while taking into account business, technical and delivery constraints
Analyzing stakeholder requirements, current state architecture, and gaps to create a future state architecture vision for one or more parts of the enterprise with a focus on reduced complexity, cost efficiencies, reuse, reduced risk and/or improved business capabilities
Reviewing application design, problem ticket and incident to propose short term and long term resolution to fit with the domain roadmap
Guiding and challenge the project on architecture and design decision
Governing the technical debt of the domain
Reviewing non-functional requirement and proposed architecture changes to anticipate evolving non-functional requirements
Developing architecture principles and standards
Communicating the principles, standards, vision and roadmaps to stakeholders and proactively addressing any questions / concerns identified
Acting as a trusted advisor to stakeholders in both business and IT to assist in defining and delivering high quality solutions
Provide thought leadership on architectural or other topics
Embed Platform Thinking in everything Job Requirements
• At least 15 years' experience in the IT industry, preferably in large, complex enterprises
• At least 8 years of experience in banking technology
• At least 5 years' experience in Architecture in a large multi-technological environment
• Deep experience delivering mission critical, enterprise scale IT solutions in a heterogeneous technology environment, both in-house built and 3rd party vendor products
• Indepth experience in ingesting data in realtime and batch and coming up with framework of data that can be used by multiple personalization engines.
• Experience in creating Technology Framework for Datahub taking into consideration data lineage and data consistency constraints Data Engineering, Large Scale Data Processing, Data Science and Machine Learning.
• Implementation knowledge in one of the Data Messaging, Ingestion, Storage and Purging Frameworks technologies such as Java, Scala, Kafka, JMS, Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, AWS, S3, Postgres.
• A polyglot database technologist with experience in SQL and No SQL
• Have experience in creating frameworks for operationalizing online and offline analytics on top of data hubs
• Have in-depth experience in database deployment architecture with a view on functional disposition, state management, concurrency, coupling, cohesion, performance and high availability.
• Familiarity with best practice methodologies and tools for the entire solution lifecycle from ideation to requirements, design, development, testing, deployment and operations
• An understanding of all domains of Enterprise Architecture, including the business, data, application, infrastructure and security domains
• Familiarity with one or more formal Architecture frameworks / methodologies (TOGAF, Zachman, BIAN, etc.)
• Practical experience in data modelling, object modelling, design patterns and Enterprise Architecture tool or other software modelling tools.
• Familiarity with heterogeneous technology platforms such as CICS, AS400, Unix/Linux, Windows
Functional Expertise Required in one of the relevant domain such:
• Well rounded understanding of Sales and Marketing
• Knowledge of CX and personalization engines, to assist the business in understanding what insights can be used to drive experience.
• Knowledge of Measuring NPS or Customer Engagement Index will be an add on
• Sales and Servicing via Ecosystem Partners Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.