First VP, Enterprise Data Governance & Quality, Data Management Office
Posting Date: 11-Feb-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics
function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group. Data Management Office
We govern the use of data across the Group and provide guidance for data management and usage. This optimises the value of data to enable smarter, faster and more accurate decision-making as well as improve operational efficiency. Above all, we ensure adherence to all data governance standards as determined by regulators. Big Data Analytics
We are a centralised analytics function that supports Group-wide business units and their analytical needs. We aim to establish ourselves as an analytics centre of excellence and drive analytics adoption and the utilisation of new big data technology across the Group. Our key areas of service range from business intelligence, strategic analytics to data science. Job Responsibilities
The role, reports into Enterprise Data Governance & Quality, is expected to implement data quality solutions across the Bank to measure the Bank's data health, and raise awareness of data quality importance to all internal stakeholders. As part of the Data Quality Centre of Excellence (CoE) in the bank, you will have to work closely with business/support units (BUs/SUs) in designing robust data quality rules, identifying data anomalies and recommending appropriate solutions.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Gather and document requirements from the business and support units in designing appropriate data quality checks.
- Conduct data profiling and analysis to validate and refine the business requirements.
- Conduct root cause analysis via stakeholder interviews as well as data pattern analysis.
- Identify data anomalies that require improvements and propose appropriate remedial actions.
- Collaborate with developers in translating data quality design specifications into programs and scripts.
- Design and execute test cases as part of User Acceptance Testing.
- Design and share DQ Dashboards or Scorecards with Management Committees and business units.
- Co-ordinate and provide project management support working with different business and technology units.
- Develop strong working and collaborative relationship with the business and technology stakeholders.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the data quality processes as well as tracking of data quality remediations.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in Information Technology, Business Computing, Data Analytics or related disciplines with at least 5 years of working experience in the Banking Industry, or Consulting with strong exposure to Financial Services.
- Possess good understanding of banking products and processes.
- Good working experience in the use of analytical/query tools, SQL scripting for data profiling and data analysis.
- Proficiency of working with Data Quality tools and technologies. Experience of working in Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) will be an advantage.
- Exposure to Data Warehousing and Big Data platforms is a plus.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills, with ability to manage senior stakeholders across the bank.
- Excellent written / oral communication as well as presentation skills
- Ability to work independently under with rigorous timelines.
Apply now and make a difference.