First VP, Lead System Analyst, Real-Time Data Services, Group Technology
Posting Date: 27-Apr-2021
Location: Cecil Street, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Work with business users to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Define and document business functions and processes, functional requirements. Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc. Write detailed universally understood processes/steps/requirements for use in development and training
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to during the development process to support quality deliverables.
- Assist the project team in issue resolution to meet the requirements and timelines
- Define the training materials, and conduct formal system and user training sessions; facilitate train-the-trainer approach. Assist in training/mentoring other staff on the project
- Anticipate, analyze, address and resolve any functional or non-functional issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions as necessary
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor Degree / Diploma in Computer Science / IT
- At least 10 years of technology experience with at least 4 years hands-on technical roles in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
- Good background in data technologies including streaming, real-time analytics, real-time events processing, decisioning and offer management
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, MS-Visio, MS-Excel and MS-Project.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.