First VP, Transaction Banking, Application Support, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
The BTS, Transaction Banking (TB) technology team is responsible for all aspects of the TB channels, payment processing and trade finance application portfolio, including:
- Defining the TB technology roadmap to support the business strategies and objectives
- Delivering all IT solutions and enhancements
- Ensuring highly available and scalable system capabilities to accommodate business growth
- Managing all risk and security aspects of the TB application portfolio
The role will be responsible to establish a new application support and risk/control function across the TB application portfolio, covering all level 3 application support and risk/control processes. This role includes:
- Building out a cross-functional team of both internal and external resources
- Defining and implementing standard processes and tooling across the various TB application development teams, including:
- Incident tracking, SLA definition and monitoring
- Release / change / configuration management
- Problem / root cause identification and tracking
- Capacity management
- Risk / Control assessment and tracking
- Audit engagement and support
- Vulnerability assessment and tracking
- Establishing a more robust governance and close partnerships with the various internal business and technology stakeholders (TB client services, BTS production support services, other BTS application development teams) to provide a more stable and transparent production environment
Job Requirements Must have :-
- Manage Vendor for prioritization of issues, continuous service improvement, process improvement, cost management and audit issues. Conduct Monthly service review track SLAs adherence from vendors. Manage a workload which is subject to changing priorities and demands
- Drive the change in culture to ensure Production Support best practices is implemented while ensure partnerships with developers and business partners are strengthened.
Essential Technical Skills:-
- Minimum 12+ years of experience working in IT industry with 8-10 years of experience in Technology solutions or support service delivery for banking industry, domain knowledge in Payment and Trade is preferred
- Prior experience in large scale enterprise application development, capacity planning, optimization, re-engineering, and performance fine tuning and cost optimization
- Experience in Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management
- Demonstrate accountability, leadership, independent initiatives and willingness to lead.
Strong team player with management skills. Flexible and being able to manage time effectively.
Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience in building and leading teams in a Production Support group in a high availability / mission critical environment.
- Experience in managing communications across business and technology stakeholders at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise.
- Experience in Infrastructure Support, Configuration and Release Management
- Solid understanding of ITIL methodology
- 5-8 years' hands-on experience with any of the following technology platforms: AS400 (COBOL, RPG, CLP etc), Unix operating systems (AIX, Linux, etc.), shell scripting, Java, WebLogic/WebSphere/Jboss, Oracle, MQ and IBM connect-direct
- Experience in writing SQL scripts, database queries, generating capacity and performance reports, implementing OS and Database upgrades
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. BMC, CA Wiley/ADM, Splunk etc)
- Solid understanding of resiliency and redundancy desi
Be a part of UOB Family
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels
- Efficiently and effectively manages work, time, and resources
- Applied knowledge of standard development methodologies
- Ability to handle high stress and pressure situations
- Strong problem solving and program execution skills while being process orientated
- Self-motivating and delivery focused individual
- Ability to understand the big picture - can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues
- Proven ability to communicate and develop long lasting relationships with all levels of Management in a clear, concise manner.
Apply now and make a difference.