First VP / VP, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Advisor
Posting Date: 13-Feb-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Wholesale Bank
function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients. Job Responsibilities
- Develop strategic initiatives with the objective to deepen and expand our FDI network to attract global and Asian investors
- Drive marketing activities through platforms with the objectives of generating FDI opportunities. The platforms will include both offline and online modes with the follow-through of execution and implementation of these platforms.
- Look into business initiatives for identification of new business opportunities for ASEAN, China and Europe markets.
- Maintain and deepen partnerships with ecosystem partners and to evaluate new potential partnerships (including objectives, deliverables and outcome) for the region.
- Work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to actively engage them of FDI related initiatives and its subsequent implementation and tracking
- Coordinate and responsible for gathering business intelligence, market news and updates and to provide timely sharing to our ecosystem partners and stakeholders
- Work with the market coverage teams to co-develop FDI presentation materials and talking points
- Contribute to projects/events for FDI related outreach activities
• Degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience
• Possess in-depth understanding of the regional trade/investment landscape
• Regional exposure in the past employment and understanding of current industrial trends will be advantageous
• Good to have market coverage experience especially ASEAN Market.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think out of the box
• Able to communicate and influence effectively with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge in Microsoft Access will be advantageous Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.