First VP / VP, Strategy and Portfolio Management, Unsecured Lending
Posting Date: 08-Feb-2020
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management
function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group's business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile. Strategy and Portfolio Management - Unsecured Lending
Strategy & Portfolio Management - Unsecured Lending
- Work with Business managers in Singapore and across the regional markets to support business decisions/growth through customer segmentation, acquisition targeting and customer profitability analysis
- Work with the regional teams to drive initiatives across the customer lifecycle from acquisition, activation, relationship management, cross selling and retention.
- Optimize underwriting of risk policies for acquisition and portfolio management activities and ensure risk/return profile is optimized and within the banks risk appetite.
- Utilize the use of scorecard and Basel II models in customer acquisition, portfolio management, collections and other areas of the credit cycle. Liaise with business managers, credit approval, collections and other stakeholders to share and obtain feedback on model performance and perform score cutoff studies to optimize.
- Generate, automate, analyze and monitor portfolio risk reports, monthly review reports, and scorecard performance report. Provide regular and adhoc credit risk analysis and advisory to business managers, senior management, regulators and key stakeholders.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative programme, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Finance and Economics degree with quantitative focus. MBA / post graduate degree is an added advantage
- 8-10 years of experience in credit risk management/decision science in a retail banking environment. Experience in unsecured business area and Machine Learning is highly desired
- Strong computing skills: Python, R, SAS - Programming, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner; SQL and database familiarity.
- Team player who can work well with cross functional teams, good communication skills (verbal and written) and self-motivated. Ability to collaborate with other business partners and stakeholders to address key business challenges and opportunities
- Self starter, flexible with a proven ability to work well in teams, as well as being able to function with minimal supervision. Proven track record in driving business performance
Apply now and make a difference.