Fixed Income Advisor - Private Bank
The Fixed Income Advisor is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project. Responsibilities:
- This role is based within the Private Bank's Capital Markets Group, covering client activity in fixed income cash trading and advisory. This position will be part of Fixed Income Team reporting to the Head of Fixed Income Flow and be involved in covering private clients directly.
- Delivering ideas and trade recommendations; whilst providing the highest level of execution service and advice; to UHNW Citi Private Bank trading clients
- Actively develop and market to a dedicated advisory client base in line with the business's service and revenue objectives. Identify client needs and fixed income objectives within the context of their overall investment strategy.
- Actively monitor markets (particularly fixed income / credit). Develop and remain abreast of market intelligence with the view to delivering such intelligence to the relationship management teams in the region, in conjunction with CPB and CIR research functions.
- Maintain rigorous risk management approach with clients on their exposures in accordance with clients' stated risk tolerances.
- Responsible for increasing client penetration across the entirety of fixed income product set
- Act as the regional product expert whilst working in accordance with the business's product programme, processes and procedures Actively design product improvements, better delivery methods, implementing new capabilities.
- Responsible for ensuring the seamless execution, booking and reporting of transactions.
- Ensure conformity with global Firm standards of client service, regulatory, compliance, and operating model
- Increase connectivity and engagement between Markets and Citi Private Bank clients and staff.
- Actively participate in regional sales and marketing forums to promote fixed income product capabilities.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of experience
- Extensive experience in sales and trading of primary bonds and flow fixed income products / Experience of market commentary and analysis capabilities / Experience of Developed as well as Emerging Markets
- Experience in derivatives and structured products will be beneficial but not essential / Previous exposure to High Net Worth Private clients and Family Offices would be beneficial / An additional language to English is beneficial but not essential
- Strong fixed income market knowledge and experience / Good interpersonal and communication skills essential / Strong IT skills essential / Strong analytical skills essential / Ability to develop strong working relationships across functional and geographical lines
- Regulated role with applicable/mandatory licenses and/or qualifications.
- CACS Papers I & II
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .