Fixed Income Institutional Portfolio Manager
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE:
Using discretion and judgment serve as portfolio management representative for assigned products to internal and external clients. Act as a true investment professional who can stand in for the portfolio managers with major institutional clients and consultants, retail due-diligence teams, large financial advisor audiences, etc. Meet with clients to explain the investment philosophy, process and performance of specific investment products and to provide updates on overall financial market performance, economic trends and the firm's economic outlook. Work closely with MFS distribution and marketing groups to effectively communicate product information and increase product awareness. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Articulate investment style and portfolio strategy effectively to all audiences.
- Establish a credible investment-based relationship with Portfolio Management groups in all existing MFS investment offices; serve as a contributing member of the investment team.
- Maintain high level of proficiency on portfolio holdings and positioning by utilizing investment resources (analysts, PMs, company meetings, industry conferences, etc.)
- Position portfolios, macro-economic commentary, and fixed income department updates as necessary with consultants, clients and prospects; be able to communicate not only the record, but also the "message." Clearly articulate investment strategies and discuss specific holdings.
- Provide regular investment updates (quarterly, annually) to distribution groups on performance attribution, significant transactions, and investment outlook.
- Support distribution groups in prospect and client meetings, due diligence meetings, investment conferences, media interviews, etc.
- Work with distribution channels to develop overall, long-term distribution strategy for each product (addressable markets/channels, key competitor analysis, market share and product capacity analysis, product profitability, required resources, etc.). Establish product availability and expand market share across appropriate distribution channels.
- Work with PMs and other IPMs to develop/define/refine investment philosophy and style. Develop marketing materials (presentations, slide decks, white papers) which validate style attributes.
- Masters or other advanced degree and/or CFA is preferred.
- Ideally seven plus years direct experience in the investment management business.
- Experience working with investment clients and managing portfolios and following assigned markets.
- Broad knowledge of the global investment environment, economic trends, financial markets and competitive trends. In -depth knowledge of the global fixed income business in order to build credibility quickly and forge relationships throughout the organization.
- Strong presentation skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Additional local language skills preferred. Willingness to travel extensively throughout Asia, and regular travel to other MFS investment offices in Boston and London.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."