Front Office Application Support, Digital Markets, Associate
We are seeking an Associate level candidate for a role within the Sales and Research Production Management Team (Part of Digital Markets Production Management). The Digital Markets platform includes JP Morgan Markets - the client platform which delivers J.P. Morgan's financial markets solutions across the full trade lifecycle: award-winning research, powerful analytics, structuring tools, direct API connectivity to JPM systems, multi-product trading and extensive post-trade capabilities. Additionally, Digital Markets includes a number of applications critical to the operations of our sales force, research organization and Investor Services divisions and beyond.
• Regular engagement with business client services, infrastructure and other stakeholders of the applications supported
• Supporting MIFID II-compliant Sales Trader workflow platform
• Determine and directly own support for a number of other (non-JPMM) critical applications utilized by Sales
• Resolving day-to-day issues impacting the application stack - including being first point of contact for Technology and Business across the full spectrum of production management responsibilities
• Work within a team comprised of both local and off-shore resources to provide day-to-day support to both internal and external users
• Work closely with the Digital Platforms development team to understand issues, drive resolutions and stability of the applications evolving the support to meet these needs.
• Create, continuously improve and maintain real-time monitoring dashboards to ensure system operability and performance
• Proactively identify areas for stability improvement in the software/hardware stack and contribute to the development of remedial solutions
• Identify and drive creation of tooling to ensure quality management of incidents and proactive follow-ups to issues
• Manage the on-boarding of new businesses, clients and applications to the team's portfolio
• Ensure resiliency of the platform through managed DR/SR/HA events.
The successful applicant will possess an undergraduate degree in a numerate subject (e.g. mathematics, engineering, computing science) and be keen to develop a career in a world class investment bank with an intimate exposure to a front office environment. They will possess the following skills and core competencies:
• Familiarity with ITIL methodologies related to IT service management
• Experience adopting and implementing DevOps practices and tools
• Possesses a continuous process improvement mindset
• Building tools using scripting languages like Perl/Unix/Python
• Experience developing and supporting applications using: Python, Java
• Experience with relational databases and ability to write complex SQL queries
• Knowledge and experience with system and application monitoring software like Geneos, Splunk
• Experience working with a variety of platforms, including UNIX/Linux (RHEL experience preferred)
• Proficiency with incident management: resource co-ordination, stakeholder communication and issue resolution
• Experience supporting FICC and/or Equity sales and trading environments covering algorithmic trading, order routing, low-latency trading and exchange connectivity with a working knowledge of business flows and terminology
• Networking / Infrastructure working knowledge a plusExperience with KDB a plusExperience supporting public/private cloud based, Java, or e-commerce applications a plus
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire peopleto create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial servicesindustry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career aspart of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the livesof people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
• Ready to use your expertise and experience todrive change? Apply today.