Front Office Risk Systems Development Lead
- Develop, test, design, manage and support front office risk systems for fixed income derivatives trading desks
- Maintain a strong focus on quality
- Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements
- Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities
Work for Global Markets Risk IT in the APAC region. The IT team is a key partner to the Global Markets business in APAC and has been a major contributor to its recent success.
- Become a strategic part of the CS business by building strong positive relationships with the Front Office, understanding the challenges they face and using your technical expertise to deliver the systems we need and then build systems that will allow them to overcome them
- Work closely with business partners including business platform owners, front office trading and quantitative modelers in developing technology solutions that contribute to these platforms.
- Working as a full stack developer on multi-tiered, distributed risk systems built on Microsoft Dot NET technologies and associated micro-services that expose platform capabilities.
- Coaching and mentoring development teams in the adoption of agile principles including TDD and help teams improve CI/CD processes and encourage DevOps mentality within the Risk IT group.
- Leading key risk platform initiatives, drive design and delivery by working with Risk IT developers in the region.
- Driving the evaluation of new technologies and help establish technical biases for the group
- Represent Asia in global technical governance forums to drive platform architecture and adopt new technologies
- Help evolve the Asia Risk System strategy by working closely with Senior IT and Business partners
- Identify and hire technical talent for development teams and contribute to the evolution of the overall technical hiring processes within the firm
- Dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Good degree in IT (but will consider a Mathematics, Engineering, or other Science degree) with strong coding experience.
- 12+ years' commercial software development experience, predominantly on Microsoft Dot NET technologies alongside designing solutions using both SQL and NoSQL data stores (SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop, Cassandra or MongoDB) is a must.
- Passionate about Agile working practices and a strong desire to work with baked-in quality fields, such as TDD and test automation
- Experience in mentoring teams in adopting test-driven, agile software methodologies and associated tools/technologies is a must.
- Proven ability to work well in delivering complex systems in a changing, fast paced environment
- Sound knowledge of application architecture and design
- Experience in distributed, data oriented application development is preferred
- Experience in building solutions based on a high-performance Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) is preferred.
- Significant experience in hiring and building effective software development teams that are able to function independently
- A real passion for technology outside the work environment, open mind and the ability to learn, teach and adapt quickly.
- Knowledge of financial products especially fixed income derivatives, their valuation and the generation of risk is a plus