Full Stack Software Engineer - Funding - Synthetics Products Group - Equities Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. Synthetic Product Group (SPG)
The Synthetic Product Group (SPG) business offers institutional and hedge fund clients products which are optimal with respect to tax, balance sheet and funding. Business revenues come from commissions, financing and dividends through the trading of CFD and Equity Swap OTC instruments alongside futures, options, ETFs and structured products. The Synthetics business, a key growth area for the Global Equities, is undergoing a transformational change. It is a complex and nuanced global business, operating with low latency at scale, requiring significant technological investment to make our platform the best in class. Your Impact
SPG engineering team is a dynamic and innovative front office team that partners directly with trading, sales, quants, operations, prime services and other engineering teams. We focus on building and enhancing the applications and workflows that support the SPG business and our clients. The platforms we develop cover trading workflow, inventory optimization, funding strategies, client reporting and post-trade functions. Many of our platforms are used across multiple equities business areas.
We are working on revamping our funding strategies by leveraging the latest leading edge technology together with our business principal to build a best in class optimization engine for our clients and the firm. If you are interested in learning about the SPG business model and how to apply your expertise to build the leading industry product to make a great impact to the business, this will be the best position for you.
With this role, you will be getting lots of exposure to the business model principals, and learn how to help the clients and the firm by using your business and technical expertise. You will have the opportunity to liaise and work with lots of talented people in business, engineering, clients and operations around the world. You would learn what is the one GS concept is and how we work as a team. You would excel your knowledge to make broader impacts to the firm and industry.
If you are looking for new challenges and opportunities, this is the role that you should apply for. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The SPG organization is part of a front to back alignment where engineers are embedded with the revenue generating part of the business. This provides opportunities to partner closely across the SPG organization to deliver the firm even more effectively and efficiently to our clients.
The role requires strong analytical skills, communication skills, as well as excellent programming skills. You'll be responsible for requirement gathering, solution design, implementation, testing and review on a variety of scalable and low latency applications leveraging the latest firm wide technologies and open source technologies. You will also communicate with trading, sales, clients, compliance and operations on the projects. Specific Responsibilities
- Design, build, and maintain a best-in-class high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for order management and workflow, support business growth and new products, in a holistic front-to-back approach
- Use data to guide intelligent decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it
- Communicate and partner with traders, sales, strategists, operations and compliance officers to gather new requirements, design workflow, and deliver features
- Coach and provide guidance to junior team members; promote and drive a high standard of programming to the team
- Provide technical support for existing systems
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical background on programming and software design.
- 3+ years of professional experience in hands on development in object oriented programming. Programming language Java is preferable.
- Strong programming skills, producing high quality code
- Excellent on analytical skills and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills with team members and good team player
- Interest or experience in financial services and trading businesses
- Willing and open to learn new competencies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in Big Data analytics and processing
- Experience in using SDLC tools and methodologies (Git, Jira, Confluence, kanban, etc.)
- Experience on building high performance, scalable and low latency systems
- Experience on order management system
- Experience in working with financial industry background
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity